Subject: Rules questions from tabletopia kickstarter beta rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damian Bailey
New Zealand
Napier
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I had a play on Tabletopia, had some questions, created a post but then somehow BGG ate it. So attempt 2:

1) Hats. There's a 'hats' attraction pre-printed on the park board. This has a 1 coin symbol on it, which I assume is the cost of the tile. When does this get used in the game?
2) I don't think it's explicitly stated in the manual that the excitement bonus goes up by the value on the Dino Recipe for each dino that is in the enclosure. The only mention is on set up when it says there's 1 excitement for the current dino.
3) Can guests be sent to an empty exhibit? If I've just bought the Dino Recipe but not put any dinos in it, can I send guests there? If so, what are they looking at?
4) In the research phase, is the top tile of each Dinosaur Recipe pile face up, or face down? In other words, is it a mystery which recipe a player is buying. The rules don't seem to state, but Example C shows the tiles face up. I also assume only one of each recipe may be bought in a round. Doesn't this make it harder to get recipes in a 4 player game than a 2 player?
5) Market phase - Manual says passing to discard a card gains a player $2. On the market tile it says discard a card to gain x DNA of various types. Can players can choose to pay $2-5 to discard a tile from that row to gain DNA during the market phase? Or is that if a player passes, they discard a card and gain DNA?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
1) It doesn't and will be removed in the printer version. The attraction tiles were created first and then dropped onto the player boards.

2) Yepp, you are correct and we will clarify in the final rulebook

3) Nope, Dino recipes don't get added to your park till you make a dino. And each dino has space for 1 guest in your park.

4) Face up, one per round.

5) If you pass you gain 2 dollars. If you pay the appropriate price you gain the DNA listed at that level (2 basic, 3 basic, 1 advanced or 2 advances for 2-5 dollar level)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Bailey
New Zealand
Napier
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Excellent! Thank you for your quick response. Hopefully my feedback has helped show where players may fall afoul of the rules in places.

I really enjoy the theme and the 90s nostalgia is a brilliant touch. This was an instant must have for me, so I'm an early backer. Good luck with the campaign!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Alvarez
United States
Sellersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to be playing my first game of Dinosaur Island this week on Tabletopia. I'm soooo looking forward to receiving my Kickstarter with all the bells and whistles. I have a few questions if you don't mind answering.

1. I didn't see in the rules an explanation of the Venture Capital location. Is this, "Send 1 worker, get 3 gold. Send a second worker, get 2 gold. Send a third worker, get 1 gold"?

2. I'm not seeing the corporation tokens in the Tabletopia version of the game. Am I just not seeing them? I think they're only needed for taking objectives, but assuming only 1 player claims the objective you could move the card to their board area. It'll only be a problem if 2+ players claim at the same time.

3. As you upgrade paddocks - for example from 2 to 3 - do you return the "2" and take the "3"? Or do you put the 3 on top of the 2 (thus denying it from your opponents)? The example text says "swaps out" so I assume you return it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.