Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Upgrade question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to Scythe, just purchased a Kicksterter Collecters Edition for a lot. Plus added book and all upgrades available and a broken token organizer and afar expansion. YYes,cost me a ton but worth it. My question is: with everything upgraded and realistic does anyone find it weird that the are no upgraded components for the Resource Multiplier tokens?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never had to use them. I forgot they even exist.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dhc3po wrote:
I've never had to use them. I forgot they even exist.

Same here. I was really surprised actually.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Rich
United States
Corsicana
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Only thing I'm missing is a realistic flag and trap tokens. That's what I would like to see before those resource tokens.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JF
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
Head like an orange
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bongoHerman wrote:
dhc3po wrote:
I've never had to use them. I forgot they even exist.

Same here. I was really surprised actually.


I haven't played a 6 player game but wouldn't it be needed then?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fricke
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Socialchaos wrote:
Only thing I'm missing is a realistic flag and trap tokens. That's what I would like to see before those resource tokens.



I use these...http://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=ScytheTokens
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Grand Master Cabalist
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My one complaint with those is that the trap tokens only have a sticker for one side and that makes the untriggered trap harder to see.

Listerlives wrote:
Socialchaos wrote:
Only thing I'm missing is a realistic flag and trap tokens. That's what I would like to see before those resource tokens.



I use these...http://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=ScytheTokens
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jedijawa74 wrote:
My one complaint with those is that the trap tokens only have a sticker for one side and that makes the untriggered trap harder to see.

Listerlives wrote:
Socialchaos wrote:
Only thing I'm missing is a realistic flag and trap tokens. That's what I would like to see before those resource tokens.



I use these...http://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=ScytheTokens


I didn't realize they were stickers and not painted. That kinda makes them expensive, since wood disks and printable clear stickers are pretty cheap by comparison, like from the local craft store.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phill Webb
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigiba wrote:
I didn't realize they were stickers and not painted. That kinda makes them expensive, since wood disks and printable clear stickers are pretty cheap by comparison, like from the local craft store.

I think you'll find that "stickered" is just a turn of phrase and they are printed - mine are printed and I don't believe they've done more than one production run.

In regards to sighting them, my group actually finds the solid colour easier to pick out than the pattern (although we do like the idea of the pattern)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmb
dhc3po wrote:
I've never had to use them. I forgot they even exist.


We've had to use them exactly once, during a 7 player game. Otherwise yeah, they just sit in their bag.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fricke
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tigiba wrote:
jedijawa74 wrote:
My one complaint with those is that the trap tokens only have a sticker for one side and that makes the untriggered trap harder to see.

Listerlives wrote:
Socialchaos wrote:
Only thing I'm missing is a realistic flag and trap tokens. That's what I would like to see before those resource tokens.



I use these...http://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=ScytheTokens


I didn't realize they were stickers and not painted. That kinda makes them expensive, since wood disks and printable clear stickers are pretty cheap by comparison, like from the local craft store.


Yeah they're not stickers. They are in fact painted.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.