Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Fung
United States
Westbury
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need some help to understand this part.

In the original game, luminaries are used to buy/sell stocks and a luminary with $X will get a 1000(X) discount for buy/sell effectively giving the player a 2(1000[X]) lead per stock exchange.

In the expansion, they removed the "play stock" action completely with the book-keeping phase but never mentioned the effect of the $x. Since you don't use the luminaries to make purchases at all, does that mean you do not get any discount ever in the game.

If yes, that really diminishes the worth of a $ luminary. I used to bid $20,000+ for those guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Paltrineri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are understanding this correctly, there no longer is a discount at the stock market. That being said, I feel like luminaries with with a high $ value usually pay for themselves in other ways, like getting patents and buying projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Acosta
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Howard University College of Medicine
badge
Reptar, King of the Ozone
mbmbmbmbmb
teacherboy wrote:
I think you are understanding this correctly, there no longer is a discount at the stock market. That being said, I feel like luminaries with with a high $ value usually pay for themselves in other ways, like getting patents and buying projects.

And when engaging in propaganda!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Private Blinky
msg tools
100% Agreement with the previous two responses. The Financial ($) rating for any Luminary is the most versatile value on any luminary, since it can give you at least something under every single player action, so long circumstances are right. No doubt, the loss of gaining stock cash bonuses does impact the 'effectiveness' of the luminaries when compared to the base game rules, but in the expansion it does create a more level competition when it comes to doing the overall purchasing and selling of stock, so players can safely focus on other strategies with their luminary acquisitions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.