Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob s
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started a Night of the Zealots campaign and wanted to mix in the Rougarou pack to see how Agnes would do and I found this scenario to be a breeze for her because many of the encounter cards are Will tests. With that being said, a few months ago the general consensus was that the Rougarou scenario was not worth adding to the campaign because you only get 3 XP max in the scenario and have to pay 1XP/investigator to do the mission. This leads to max 2 XP (if solo) plus the other perils from the scenario outcome.

I'm not necessarily that interested in where you mix it in to your campaign but if you are playing someone with access to the purple cards, does the addition of the "Delve Too Deep" cards from the Miskatonic Museum pack make this scenario more appealing for you (or mandatory)? I think my playthrough just now was a perfect storm, but I happened to draw and play both of my "Delve too Deep" for the second straight mission which gave me +2 XP. In two missions, I have gained 12 XP (minus 1 for Rougarou cost).

What're your thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon George
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sidequests seem balanced to be roughly a wash. You might come out better than you went in, but you're equally likely to come out worse. Play them if you want to because they're fun and have a cool story, not to min/max your character's stats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris H
msg tools
If you're looking to beef up your main campaign XP and end game, then you won't come out much on top by doing Rougarou as a side mission.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You can gain an Ally and up to 3 XP from location victory points. We finished with the Ally and 1 XP. The cost to play is 1 XP so keep that in mind.

That said, it's a great scenario. It has so much theme and the locations are brilliant. It can get tough though. Wendy struggled in this. Bring a heavy hitting murder machine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.