Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Abad
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need some help. I have just bought the game and I really want to like it a lot, because I love the concept and the artwork, but man, the rules are total chaos.

I own the 2nd Edition of the game and I also downloaded and printed the "Skirmish Print & Play Edition" rule booklet.

In the second edition booklet, the Standoff phase states that you may do ANY of the actions listed.

However, when you check the "Skirmish" booklet, it says that you may only do ONE of the listed actions.

Which one is right?

On the other hand, what happens with the numbered cards? Are they no longer used for Face-offs? The Skirmish booklet only mentions them once but says nothing about when to use them.

Thanks a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The PnP Skirmish rules are actually part of 3rd Ed which features a number of changes. You can just ignore those for now and stick to the 2nd Ed rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Volodioso wrote:
I need some help. I have just bought the game and I really want to like it a lot, because I love the concept and the artwork, but man, the rules are total chaos.

I own the 2nd Edition of the game and I also downloaded and printed the "Skirmish Print & Play Edition" rule booklet.

In the second edition booklet, the Standoff phase states that you may do ANY of the actions listed.

However, when you check the "Skirmish" booklet, it says that you may only do ONE of the listed actions.

Which one is right?

On the other hand, what happens with the numbered cards? Are they no longer used for Face-offs? The Skirmish booklet only mentions them once but says nothing about when to use them.

Thanks a lot.

The skirmish booklet, like Thomas said, are the third edition rules, and they don't yet cover tall tales (coming soon).

2nd and 3rd edition rules are not meant to be used together, you gotta pick one.

The third edition rules are by far clearer and simpler to understand. And yes, number cards aren't used so much in a versus duel now in 3rd edition. They are more of a Tall Tales thing.

You can also check out this video if you want to learn the third edition versus rules:

If you're trying to get into the coop mode, then there are video tutorials for that as well.

Also, you are free to PM me on here, or facebook, anytime. I wanna make sure you have fun playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.