Art Murphy
United States
Saint James
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I have spent a lot of time trying to track down a game that my father loved as a teenager. He tells me that it was a game about running for President and he remembers that you could chose to be a few different candidates.

These candidates included Abe Lincoln, George Wallace Nixon and JFK (that all he can remember).

He told me that it came with 8 1/2 x 11 boards that each had the candidates name listed at the top. It had columns going down with the states listed on far left side. The candidates strengths where listed on the card by state (for example, Wallace had a strong number in the south with JFK showing strong numbers in the north east).

He remembers you could dedicate points and\or influence to try and nab states.

If anyone here could assist me in finding this games name, as it is on my Fathers bucket list before he passes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1960: The Making of the President would be the closest modern equivalent. Its worth a look at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Closest one I can think of is The Next President. It does not have a sheet for each candidate but it does have sheets like that for groups of candidates. For example, here is the one for pre-1972 candidates (including Lincoln and JFK):

It's a pretty good game, probably the best US election game of the period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Murphy
United States
Saint James
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for all your quick responses!!
I think Mr. Blum nailed it. I just reviewed it with my father and he strongly believes this is the one. Now I need to find one available

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools
brooklynknight wrote:
Thank you for all your quick responses!!
I think Mr. Blum nailed it. I just reviewed it with my father and he strongly believes this is the one. Now I need to find one available

It might well be quite good, with Jim Dunnigan and Phil Orbanes in the design credits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.