Subject: 50% funding reached in 2 days! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Join the Board Game Development Club, see behind the scenes, participate in development, add the games you are working on
mbmbmbmbmb
We are really happy with the support for the Kickstarter, 50% funded in 2 days!

Please ask if you wonder about anything; gameplay, development or something else regarding the game or the KS campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rustan, you need to remove the KS link before the admins delete the thread. You're only allowed to post KS links in the Crowdfunding Announcements thread (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, etc). We wouldn't want folk to miss the opportunity through a breach of policy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Join the Board Game Development Club, see behind the scenes, participate in development, add the games you are working on
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, thanks for the note, removed! The official widget is on the game page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
What a stupid policy if true ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whether you believe it to be a stupid policy or not is, I'm afraid, irrelevant if the Admins enforce it (The policy exists to prevent free advertising - after all BGG is in the business of making money and ads are a significant revenue stream)

Here's what I found to back up my understanding:
Guide to Promoting Crowdfunds and Games on the Geek
Geekdo Community Rules

Sorry for the thread de-rail Rustan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
mccrispy wrote:
Whether you believe it to be a stupid policy or not is, I'm afraid, irrelevant if the Admins enforce it (The policy exists to prevent free advertising - after all BGG is in the business of making money and ads are a significant revenue stream)

Here's what I found to back up my understanding:
Guide to Promoting Crowdfunds and Games on the Geek
Geekdo Community Rules

Sorry for the thread de-rail Rustan.

Now that you've explained it further ... it's even more stupid.

Anyone already coming to the Tribes game page (or subscribed to it), can surely not be the expected target of any ad the creators of Tribes is trying to reach with their kickstarter advertising campaign. Ads are to reach people that ARE NOT already aware of your product ...

not to mention that posting about kickstarter is aparently allowed, but not links to kickstarter, which is kind of silly.

BGG might be trying to sell ads, but they are also trying to entice publishers in purchasing ads. Creating a policy to stifle their ability to promote their own game isn't, to put it kindly, very productive -- in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Rustan, you need to remove the KS link before the admins delete the thread. You're only allowed to post KS links in the Crowdfunding Announcements thread (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, etc). We wouldn't want folk to miss the opportunity through a breach of policy!

KS links are absolutely allowed and welcome in the forums of the game being funded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Octavian wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

KS links are absolutely allowed and welcome in the forums of the game being funded.

Thank god, I'm still sane. ha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Schulz
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it might be not doing as well as it should because people are familiar with the publisher. I like the simple but interesting tech tree.
Are there any other ways to acquire shells besides taking the actions that others have skipped?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwin Hebot
msg tools
mbmbmb
Mr Quacko wrote:
I think it might be not doing as well as it should because people are not familiar with the publisher.

Maybe the publisher / author can write up a little bit about the company and their interesting development model. Apparantly all playtesting for this game has been done online of a game development platform run by Tea Time Productions http://dev.teatimeproductions.se/. There you can also find the PnP for this game

Mr Quacko wrote:

I like the simple but interesting tech tree.

Yes, I like the random setup and how different tech paths have different number of succesors. Should you take the tech that enables 2 other techs in the next age or increase your growth level? What techs are possible to achieve in the first place with my land hexes and tribes?
It would be awesome to reach the double-sided game board stretch goal which brings another tech tree layout.

Mr Quacko wrote:

Are there any other ways to acquire shells besides taking the actions that others have skipped?

The shell economy is fixed and thus thight Which forces players to take negative event tiles eventually.

Tribes seems to be a tight, strategic, and fast game. But you need to increase the buzz about the game and campaign here on bgg! Good look with the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marhew wrote:

Maybe the publisher / author can write up a little bit about the company and their interesting development model.

Done! Thanks for the suggestion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.