Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scenario 21 - question about revealing rooms (Spoilers for the scenario) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,

just tried my luck with scenario 21 and one question came up: when the altar teleports into an unrevealed room it says to reveal that room (and I asume to also place enemies that would normally spawn there?).

Are the doors however still considered closed so that none of the enemies could reach me?
I basically went the top corridor route the first time, which meant the lower corridor was still closed when we encountered the boss with the altar. So then very first thing, the altar moved which meant the room was revealed but none of the door to it were ever opened.

My party ended up going after it anyway, thereby also opening the door but I was wondering if it would be possible to bascially rush around to the other side and wait until it shows up there again, while cutting off all the summons and normally spawning enemies that would show up in that room avoiding those completely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Scenario 21 - question about revealing rooms
When the room is revealed, all doors between it and other revealed rooms are opened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
Australia
Sunshine Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ovis wrote:
Hey there,

just tried my luck with scenario 21 and one question came up: when the altar teleports into an unrevealed room it says to reveal that room (and I asume to also place enemies that would normally spawn there?).

Are the doors however still considered closed so that none of the enemies could reach me?
I basically went the top corridor route the first time, which meant the lower corridor was still closed when we encountered the boss with the altar. So then very first thing, the altar moved which meant the room was revealed but none of the door to it were ever opened.

My party ended up going after it anyway, thereby also opening the door but I was wondering if it would be possible to bascially rush around to the other side and wait until it shows up there again, while cutting off all the summons and normally spawning enemies that would show up in that room avoiding those completely.

Soooooo many spoilers. Use spoiler warnings and hidden sections please, for those who want to be surprised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
When the room is revealed, all doors between it and other revealed rooms are opened.

Thanks.

Yexil wrote:

Soooooo many spoilers. Use spoiler warnings and hidden sections please, for those who want to be surprised.

Well that's why the title has a specific scenario in it. I'm not sure who would click on it without knowing the scenario when you want to be surprised. But I can spell it out in the title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.