11 Posts

Dungeon!» Forums » General

Subject: Miniatures suggestions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathieu L.
Canada
flag msg tools
I've just started to play that game with my 5 year old and he REALLY like it. I want to use miniatures instead of the card one. But the one I have are too big for the board (I have the 2012 version). I have D&D Wrath of Ashardalon / Ravenloft and Zombicide Black Plague, I want something smaller.

Do you have any ideas/suggestions of what to take?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Siedschlag
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mathieu,

I agree with replacing the horrible cardboard playing pieces that were produced in the two last versions of this classic game. You could look to see if anyone owns or is trading parts from The Classic Dungeon or The New Dungeon!. One of those two came with little red minis that could be painted in the respective colors of the characters/classes used in the near versions of the game. On a side note, there are some rule enhancements, additional characters and chamber cards the have been added to the forums of the different dungeon games that you may want to add into your play sessions, if you find that your son is getting tired of the regular rules. The content adds more depth to the game without becoming too complex for younger players.

Good luck with your search!

EDIT

The Classic Dungeon is the version that came with minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Whats the scale/size of the 5e D&D minis from WizKids? Those just might fit and the legends pack came with a good assortment. You could possibly re-base them if the bases are too large.

Heroscape minis are too large unfortunately. Though the D&D ones might just fit... Not sure.

What you need are older 25mm minis from Ral Partha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris C
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a game store in their area, check to see if they have any assorted D&D pre-painted miniatures. When I started playing Dungeon with my 6-year off son we hit the local comic/game store and he picked out a handful of heroes (and a couple monsters) from their bin of (used/opened?) D&D minis - I think they charged us between 50 cents and two dollars each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu L.
Canada
flag msg tools
Ok after some research/suggestions, my the best choice is to order some miniatures from Reaper (the Bones serie):
http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones

But I'll wait to see if my kid like the game enough.

I've checked for the pre-painted D&D, but where I am (Quebec), it cost too much if I want 8 miniatures of each class.

And meanwhile I found some old Ral Partha metallic miniatures that I will paint. (but I only have 6 of 8)

Thanks for the suggestions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't tell from Scott's pic if you want 15mm or 28mm miniatures.

Cave Troll has miniatures smaller than 28mm, so, if you think you'll like the game, you can use its miniatures. BTW, If you play roleplaying games, or want a library of generic fantasy 28mm miniatures, Reaper Miniatures will have a KS later this year for its Bones figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Gonzalez
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I've obtained the following from Reaper Miniatures:

02057 Pip Thistletoe (Male Halfling Rogue)
02058 Elia Shadowfeet (Female Halfling Rogue)
02601 Dwarf Cleric, Grayrune (Male Dwarf Cleric)
14082 Margara, Dwarf Mage (Female Dwarf Cleric)
03324 Stern Kestrelmann, Paladin Hero (Male Human Fighter)
14345 Nicole of the Blade (Female Human Fighter)
02048 Elquin the Daring (Male Elf Wizard)
02762 Tuilin, Female Elf (Female Elf Wizard)

Pictures to follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Gonzalez
United States
Florida
flag msg tools

Halfling Rogues
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Gonzalez
United States
Florida
flag msg tools

Dwarf Clerics
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Gonzalez
United States
Florida
flag msg tools

Human Fighters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Gonzalez
United States
Florida
flag msg tools

Elf Wizards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.