Tom H
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Basil Hilder KIA Lone Pine, Gallipoli
mbmbmbmbmb
Just started playing and had a few questions on this scenario.

1. Can the us arty fire even if nva have not entered their patrol radius?
2. I assume that each hexes patrol radius governs the activation of its own hex, ie nva troops need to enter its radius not just any hexes radius?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
tomster wrote:
Just started playing and had a few questions on this scenario.

1. Can the us arty fire even if nva have not entered their patrol radius?
2. I assume that each hexes patrol radius governs the activation of its own hex, ie nva troops need to enter its radius not just any hexes radius?

Thanks

1. It only says US units may not move, so the Artillery can fire.

2. From the scenario card "US units may not move unless a PAVN unit enters the patrol radius of any Patrol marker via movement, retreat, or combat refusal."

So if a PAVN unit enters any of the patrol radius, then all of the US units may move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ralph.

No probs with 1.

2. My Australian translation has a slight different write up. "They (patrol markers) are merely to mark a radius from their stack. US units may not move unless a PAVN unit enters a hex within the radius defined by the marker via movement, retreat or combat removal". I don't have an "any" and the 1st sentence seems to indicate this is specific for each hex. The use of the definite article "the" instead of any would also indicate this is specific not general. I don't have an issue if it applies to any and all markers as i am sure the units can communicate but the wording indicates differently.

I note Mitchell has given a thumbs up so your interpretation is 100%.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
I was getting that text from a playtest version, so the final wording may have changed.

I see the problem with the sentence from the final version. It does not define clearly which US units become eligible to move.

Historically, the US units were there to provide fire support with the artillery and security for that artillery. If the PAVN had messed with the US units, they would have swarmed into the operation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again Ralph. If the text changed there was probably a reason as your playtest version is very clear. Mitch may have an answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They are all released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mitchell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.