Hide
5 Posts

Troyes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo rules, please help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Patterson
msg tools
Just got this game, need some explanation on solo rules.

1.) It literally says "see below for rules on resolving cards", and there is NOTHING below or on page two explaining that.

2.) Initial set up: Am I not able to place my own meeples where Le Roy's are supposed to go? If not, why even roll for him?

I think most else can be found in the forums...for now.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Sula
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Psykotikp wrote:

1.) It literally says "see below for rules on resolving cards", and there is NOTHING below or on page two explaining that.

I just assumed it's referring to the "End of the Game" section in the main rulebook, where it discusses how to gain VP when revealing character cards.

EDIT: I just remembered, there is a section on the second page of the solo rules where it discusses revealing character cards: It is "Note 7" under the Le Roy Action table.

Quote:

2.) Initial set up: Am I not able to place my own meeples where Le Roy's are supposed to go? If not, why even roll for him?

You roll six dice, and look at the colors of the three highest valued dice. Those colors indicate in which buildings you are to place Le Roy's meeples. You place his meeples in the "best places" in each of those buildings as indicated in the diagrams (nearest to the "1" spaces in the diagrams). Then you place 2 of your own in any other vacant locations of your choice.

Then, you re-roll the six dice and repeat the process, placing Le Roy's three meeples according to the highest three dice colors, then two of your own wherever you choose.
You will roll those six dice a total of three times, each time placing his three meeples first followed by your two. Finally, the last three vacant spaces are filled with Le Roy's pieces.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Patterson
msg tools
OK, so am i even trying to resolve the character cards to gain VP? or am i leaving them alone the whole time and hoping that Le Roy flips the top one so that we both get VP?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around it.

Can you possibly give me an example of play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArcanumTL ArcanumTL
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Psykotikp wrote:
OK, so am i even trying to resolve the character cards to gain VP? or am i leaving them alone the whole time and hoping that Le Roy flips the top one so that we both get VP?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around it.

Can you possibly give me an example of play?

+1 - I'll be interested to hear how this works as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom B.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Psykotikp wrote:

Yes only Le Roy can trigger the scoring of the top character card for both of you. You have no control if/when this happens. And remember to score the remaining ones at the end of the game.

edit: clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.