Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Jarome
United States
Niles
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I feel dumb for having to ask this, but here goes: during the Showdown phase, does each player get a crack at each case/for, or is it one per card for the entire group? I felt like the rules read either way and was confused...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Montanes-Lleras
Colombia
Bogota
flag msg tools
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE (PLAYER)
badge
My first children's fantasy novel EL DRAGÓN DE VAPOR (illustrations by Marcos Toledo Porras)
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this question was already asked here or in the kickstarter forum, and it is one per card for the entire group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Slaughter
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its answered in the rule book

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BobSlaughter wrote:
Its answered in the rule book

They read it and were still confused. Read before you get condescending.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, "players do X" can read as "each player does X" or as "players as a group do X".

If you do some research, you can find out that it's "players as a group do X" in this instance, but it's not made clear by the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Hicks
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry the rules didn't read as clear. They do read clear to me, but that may be due to how I particularly focus on language.

It does talk about players, but "one last chance per Case or Foe" is meant to be the indicator (if each player got to roll per card, it would be multiple chances, not one last chance; not to mention that would mean it'd give larger play groups an overwhelming advantage in the Showdown vs. smaller groups).

Similar indications intended with "do not get a Showdown roll" (as opposed to "do not get Showdown rolls").

It's also made clear in the teach video.

But, yeah, I can see why it might be interpreted differently than intended.

Again, apologies, rules editing and clarity is a tricky thing, as folks bring widely varying interpretations to seemingly simple phrases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fredhicks wrote:
rules editing and clarity is a tricky thing

We have a strong contender for "understatement of the day" right here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.