Subject: Play the same objective card twice in a row? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Lindberg
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night my opponent played the Death Star Plans card after attacking my Death Star and having at least one surviving fighter. He failed the roll, then played the second one to make a second roll. We allowed it, but is this correct? (He failed the second one too, thank goodness!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Destroying A Death Star wrote:
The Rebel player can use only one “Death Star Plans” card
each combat round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mclrecon wrote:
Last night my opponent played the Death Star Plans card after attacking my Death Star and having at least one surviving fighter. He failed the roll, then played the second one to make a second roll. We allowed it, but is this correct? (He failed the second one too, thank goodness!)

As craig mentioned, you can only play one of them per round. However, if the roll is failed the card goes back to his hand and is available to be revealed again next combat round, assuming he still has some fighter then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: These aren't the answers you're looking for. They can go about their business. Move along.

If you read the card carefully, you'll see that he only "revealed" it. It is not considered "played" until the Death Star has been destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
demoss1 wrote:
If you read the card carefully, you'll see that he only "revealed" it. It is not considered "played" until the Death Star has been destroyed.

Yes, but the rules still say you can only use one per round, basically specifically addressing this situation - you can't reveal both copies to get two shots at the Death Star each round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
demoss1 wrote:

Yes, but the rules still say you can only use one per round, basically specifically addressing this situation - you can't reveal both copies to get two shots at the Death Star each round.

My bad, didn't read carefully enough. Thought he was talking about a second round of combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.