Brian Schwartz
United States
Holbrook
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I played this twice so far and I'm not sure if we were playing correctly. During monster activation, do the monsters still move if they attack? For example, a vampire is with an unprotected townie. Does it then move since it killed the townie? Or does it just stay there?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It moves if there is not another Townie in the space with it (Thanks to Steve for the clarification below), or at least that's how we're playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Paltrineri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing that they did not move if they killed someone. Reading it again, it looks like the baddie moves if there is no one else at the location after killing or attacking. So if there is another townie or a player character, they so not move. If they are alone, they move. Check page 12 in the manual if you think I'm wrong, but that's how it looks to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I. Withnail
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Baddie will kill and then move on to go after the next kill, unless there's still a Townie or Character at the same location after the kill, in which case they stay put.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Roachelle
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WittyreaderLI wrote:
Hey all,

I played this twice so far and I'm not sure if we were playing correctly. During monster activation, do the monsters still move if they attack? For example, a vampire is with an unprotected townie. Does it then move since it killed the townie? Or does it just stay there?

Thanks

Seems like the question has been answered, but to be clear about Baddie Movement on pg 12. of the rules under "Baddie Activation" states:

"When Baddies Activate, each Baddie kills an unprotected Townie in its Location if possible or Wounds a Character in its Location if possible. THEN each Baddie that does not share a Location with a Townie or Character moves to the first possible Location in the following list..."

I'm going to recommend printing out the handy one page player aid I made & posted on BGG.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/143571/buffy-quick-refere...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schwartz
United States
Holbrook
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read that a bunch of times and the only reason I was confused was because I watched a video with who I think were the designers playing and thought that after a monster killed a townie, they stayed put. Thanks all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
More like Poe DAAAAAAMN-eron
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to bring this back up, but I'm just a little confused. I get that they activate and then move. they CAN NOT move and THEN kill a townie, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Netslummer wrote:
Not to bring this back up, but I'm just a little confused. I get that they activate and then move. they CAN NOT move and THEN kill a townie, right?

Correct. Unless some special effect is in play, that is how baddies activate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
More like Poe DAAAAAAMN-eron
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
japester1 wrote:
Netslummer wrote:

Correct. Unless some special effect is in play, that is how baddies activate.
Awesome. Thanks for the verification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.