Subject: Prequel? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will's Mama
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim's latest update on Fugitive mentioned a prequel to Paperback called Hardback that he was showing at Pax East. Anyone get to see/play it that can share more info?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jack
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I saw it today at PAX East and liked it very much. I like Paperback, and I think Hardback is the better game. Seems to be more streamlined and quicker to play. Hardback was sharing a booth with the maker of Word Domination (which I also KSed, Burgle Bros., Fugitive, and a Celtic Knot dice game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://youtu.be/tz9Y1gLfe8w?t=9m17s

Tom talked to designer about it, sounds like it's scrabble meets Star Realms. Oh yes!

Jump to 9:17, i couldn't set the timestamp on embedded video

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm less excited after seeing the preview Tom got at Pax, but I'm still hopeful. I will definitely be checking out the Kickstarter to learn more about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jack
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clevider wrote:
I'm less excited after seeing the preview Tom got at Pax, but I'm still hopeful. I will definitely be checking out the Kickstarter to learn more about it.

That segment in the video doesn't do the game justice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hardback is now on KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And I am pretty disappointed that it is not compatible with Paperback. There is so much space in that Paperback box and I had hoped that we would get a (stand-alone) expansion.
I still might back Hardback as it sounds neat enough, but what about an expansion for Paperback?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wanjajoral wrote:
And I am pretty disappointed that it is not compatible with Paperback. There is so much space in that Paperback box and I had hoped that we would get a (stand-alone) expansion.
I still might back Hardback as it sounds neat enough, but what about an expansion for Paperback?

What kind of expansion would you want though? It doesn't need fixing, and I'm not sure how you would expand on the core game (and more content is a no anyway, seeing how we already have all 26 letters). As I understand it, the extra room is for people who want to sleeve their game, and you can also cut the foam into thinner pieces if you want to separate the decks a bit more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobl wrote:
Wanjajoral wrote:

What kind of expansion would you want though? It doesn't need fixing, and I'm not sure how you would expand on the core game (and more content is a no anyway, seeing how we already have all 26 letters). As I understand it, the extra room is for people who want to sleeve their game, and you can also cut the foam into thinner pieces if you want to separate the decks a bit more.

Fowers said in a previous thread in this forum that he had ideas and plans for a small expansion followed by a larger one. That was mid-2016, however, and he subsequently mentioned that his plans had changed due to "bigger things in motion." Maybe his ideas for the expansion were rolled into Hardback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobl wrote:

Oh I am sure there are plenty of ways to expand the original - player powers and individual starting decks, a coop campaign mode with special scenraio cards, cards with a different mechanism (e.g. cards that remain in play for a prolonged effect after they have been played), different victory point cards, different victory conditions, ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.