Hide
2 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Throwing Daggers and Advantage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G S
msg tools
Just started with ToEE and really like it so far. It's only my second set of the Adventure System type games, with LoD being my first. So far, the rules for ToEE seem a little easier to follow but there are a few that I'm not 100% on.

With Ratshadow, if you're using Throwing Daggers are you basically throwing two daggers with the option of hitting two monsters? If there's only one monster on the board, can you throw both daggers at the single monster? Seems that would make since considering it's a low dmg attack.

Also, if you're using Reliable Talent, and choose to use the advantage option, do you roll twice for the first dagger attack and then roll once for the second dagger attack?

That seems to be the most logical way to play it so far, but wondering if that's how other view these rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throwing Daggers lets you attack up to 2 different monsters within 1 tile. You cannot attack the same monster twice.

I’m not sure about how Advantage works with an attack action that lets you attack multiple monsters, but a careful reading of the rules leads me to believe that your Advantage holds for the entire attack action.

Rule book, page 8 wrote:

Condition: Advantage
While your Hero has Advantage, the next time he or she makes an Attack, roll the die twice and use the higher result. Then, discard the Advantage marker.

Rule book, page 10 wrote:

Making an Attack
For each enemy a Hero’s power or a Monster’s attack targets, roll the die and add the power’s attack bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.