4 Posts

Anachrony» Forums » Rules

Subject: Matriarch Zaida question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike James
Canada
flag msg tools
Had my first game, tried to find an answer to this and didn't, so figured I'd ask here.

Matriarch Zaida's ability states: during the Retrieve Workers phase, she may pay 2W to recruit a Worker of her choice remaining in the Recruit pool. She does not receive the recruit bonus.

My question is does this mean you get to "take a recruit action", aka need a worker to be active and it must be an administrator to take a genius, or does it mean that you just take one of the remaining workers. I played it the second way until probably the 6th round before realizing it might have been the wrong way (when a genius was available).

Any ruling on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. It would show the action icon if that was the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuela
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Let's all have a deep, think-y game... with theme!
badge
Anesthetist by day; gamer by night...
mbmbmbmbmb
Dustin's right. The iconography is totally different. Notice how Zaida's special ability shows a worker outline and a small Recruit action symbol by it--meaning "Take a worker from the Recruit pool."

Notice, too, how on page 30 on the bottom left, the symbol for taking a (second) Recruit action is the "+(Recruit action)." If Zaida were to take a Recruit action for 2 W, it would just show a big Recruit action icon--again as Dustin already said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike James
Canada
flag msg tools
EPratt wrote:
Dustin's right. The iconography is totally different. Notice how Zaida's special ability shows a worker outline and a small Recruit action symbol by it--meaning "Take a worker from the Recruit pool."

Notice, too, how on page 30 on the bottom left, the symbol for taking a (second) Recruit action is the "+(Recruit action)." If Zaida were to take a Recruit action for 2 W, it would just show a big Recruit action icon--again as Dustin already said.

Makes sense to me, and that's how I'd interpreted it at first. It goes along with Shepard Caratacus having a free action space for his ability. At the time it just felt like I was doing something wrong because I'd been really dominating my opponents (got a bonus water building early so took a "free" worker every turn starting in Era 2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.