Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Wallace
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a relatively quick question, but if a player draws an outsiders card from a location (which is an event), does the player have to play the card immediately or do they add it to their hand where it may just sit for the rest of the game?

During the game we played tonight, we decided to go with the option of forcing anyone to play the card if they drew it (which caused some interesting decisions on whether to make extra noise to get the option to not select extra outsiders), but I could not find a clarification in the rules.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reiksguard wrote:
This is a relatively quick question, but if a player draws an outsiders card from a location (which is an event), does the player have to play the card immediately or do they add it to their hand where it may just sit for the rest of the game?

During the game we played tonight, we decided to go with the option of forcing anyone to play the card if they drew it (which caused some interesting decisions on whether to make extra noise to get the option to not select extra outsiders), but I could not find a clarification in the rules.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!
Add it to your hand like everything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that some winning conditions are to have Outsiders in hand, which forcing play of them means someone would not be able to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that Outsiders count as "items" for the purposes of completing certain win conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know... the rules are quite clear about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Flaviorbs wrote:
You know... the rules are quite clear about this.

Yeah, but this is probably one of the most commonly asked questions regarding DoW. That's reason enough alone I think to cut people some slack; using the term "Event" on these cards in hindsight was probably a mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmi T.
Germany
Brandenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crambaza wrote:

OK, but will I be able to play it later on and add a character to my group of survivors?

Will someone else be able to play it, if he/she requests it from me in his/her turn?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stannis the King wrote:
crambaza wrote:

OK, but will I be able to play it later on and add a character to my group of survivors?

Will someone else be able to play it, if he/she requests it from me in his/her turn?

Thanks in advance

Yes to both questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.