Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Howard
United States
Elmwood Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
If you are at Max threat, are you allowed to play hero cards that increase your threat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Howard
United States
Elmwood Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
- Or in the case of Abbey's Coffers, if you are at Max threat, you cannot then add 1 threat after you kill a Grubber for instance, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
N├╝rnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
cragamer wrote:
If you are at Max threat, are you allowed to play hero cards that increase your threat?

Yes. Threat can't go higher than 10, but you can still play cards that make you gain threat. Be aware, though, that even 1 threat penalty can bring down a party pretty quickly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can imagine that if you already had a threat level sitting at 10 and had some sweet move you could pull of clear the board that would be ok, but I really try to avoid letting my heroes threat climb to high. Those threat penalties are nasty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah threat penalties are brutal. I even think twice about getting it up to 8 because some darkness cards will lower it to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
steprov wrote:
yeah threat penalties are brutal. I even think twice about getting it up to 8 because some darkness cards will lower it to that.

Yeah, and many Threat penalty results last for the whole act/adventure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steprov wrote:

Yeah, we played last night with the core game's Terror Darkness deck and I ended my turn with 9 Threat. We were early in the game so we'd only drawn a couple Darkness cards by that point, one of which was one of the "for this Darkness cycle treat the Threat Penalty at 8 instead of 10" cards. Naturally we drew the other one with the next card.

We then suffered x2 Activations for the rest of the Act. It was rough, but we survived. Barely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.