Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

FUSE» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can 1 person roll the dice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
When I played this game with my group, I've been the only person rolling dice, while others do other roles. I'm wondering if we have been playing this wrong and we should each be taking turns rolling the dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah B
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Penfold: Have you got something clever up your sleeve, DM? Dangermouse: Only my arm, Penfold, and that's no cleverer than the rest of me.
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be taking turns.

Page 7 of the rules says: "Once all dice have been allocated and Fuse Cards activated, pass the bag to the next player in clockwise order. He will draw dice as described above, and this process continues for the remainder of the game."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Cat_Librarian wrote:
When I played this game with my group, I've been the only person rolling dice, while others do other roles. I'm wondering if we have been playing this wrong and we should each be taking turns rolling the dice.

You should be passing the bag and letting each person draw and roll. That is pert of the cooperative nature and race against the clock mechanism of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BookieG wrote:
You should be taking turns.

Page 7 of the rules says: "Once all dice have been allocated and Fuse Cards activated, pass the bag to the next player in clockwise order. He will draw dice as described above, and this process continues for the remainder of the game."

Ugh, well that's definitely going to slow us down. Thanks for the quick reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 4
mbmbmbmbmb
Cat_Librarian wrote:
Ugh, well that's definitely going to slow us down.

Sorta the point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been letting one person do the dice when introducing new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah B
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Penfold: Have you got something clever up your sleeve, DM? Dangermouse: Only my arm, Penfold, and that's no cleverer than the rest of me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cat_Librarian wrote:
Ugh, well that's definitely going to slow us down. Thanks for the quick reply.

You're welcome. I tend to think that once you own a game, you can play it how you like. If you prefer to have one person roll the dice and it's fun for your group, keep doing it. You can still increase the difficulty by adding more bomb cards. If you get too proficient at defusing bombs with one person rolling, make the switch to passing the dice bag around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
i play this game mainly with my children, and i have been designated as the dice roller as they far too often pick up too many dice out of the bag and it is impossible to beat the game with us playing like this

although, when the expansion comes out, i dont think we will care, as we can then just skip stright to 'phase 2' of saving the people caught up in the blast
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We generally start by trying to pass the bag around but in no way do we feel it necessary and towards the end of a game if its gonna be close it usually ends up with the same person rolling the dice. This is fine with us because really the game is about quickly deciding which dice to take, not a dexterity based struggle of getting the right number of dice out of the bag in the heat of the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.