Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all,

I just got wind of this game and I was immediately attracted to it since, well, it looks so nice.

But after reading topics and reading the rulebook (which is pretty bad) and watching the how-to-play video, I was left with the feeling that the first 5 to 10 moves in the game would be useless.

Both dragons are so far away you're just randomly moving forward until you're close enough to start thinking about what you actually want to do, no?

Or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
depends on if you are playing using any of the portals I would think, but I guess you're right. Nothing is stopping you from starting closer together though. Starting so far apart does give you time to try and line up to do the type of attack you want, but as you said, it can take a bit before you get close enough to do much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Aguirre Bisi
Spain
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Gold!

It all depends from the scenario you are playing on. As chess or any other abstract game, the first moves are fundamental to your core strategy.

Without looking at the board of human (where the dragons are) you need to focus your attention on the board of Ba-gua (the mancala part of the game).

If you just move without paying enough attention to the possibilities you are leaving to your opponent, he might get the best outcome of it and in 4 turns you will have his face on your tail because of a portal.

If you want to play a game on Tabletopia I will be more than happy to show it to you

Thanks for your interest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you very much for your reply and the offer, sir!
I will pre-order the game on Backerkit tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Aguirre Bisi
Spain
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldSirius wrote:
Thank you very much for your reply and the offer, sir!
I will pre-order the game on Backerkit tonight.

Thank is very kind of you, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jordi gm
Spain
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
Where can I find how to play ??

I have one KS copy of the game (Not deluxe), the basic version with 4 players ext, red carpet and metal coin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Affonso
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dundermiflin wrote:
Where can I find how to play ??

I have one KS copy of the game (Not deluxe), the basic version with 4 players ext, red carpet and metal coin

In the rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.