Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
One of the Boss's yellow ability power-up cards is Charge which replaces movement towards first player with more movement but in a random direction.

In several games we have found the boss works it's way into a corner once Charge is in play. This makes going up against the boss easier, especially when you don't have to damage it as an objective. The boss just sadly sits in its corner while we go about our business.

Anyone else experience a similar problem? We are consider a house rule that the boss still moves toward the first player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it really matters. If the boss is in a corner, it should be harder to hurt him without taking damage (the red cards alone ould make it hard to reach him) or leaving a position where the shields can be easily manipulated.

From the experience in my groups, boss damage is less of an issue than his GGlol timer is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
DeS_Tructive wrote:

From the experience in my groups, boss damage is less of an issue than his GGlol timer is.

I agree. I wish the boss, like the video games that inspired it, would be very challenging. I think all of the power up cards add that element of fear inspiring challenge, save for the Charge card which is easier than the generic ability and even nullifies many of the other powers in certain scenarios where the boss is not the priority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.