Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a simple variant to consider.

When playing a card that would be Lost, and subsequently pulling a Null, the player has the option to disregard the card entirely and simply discard the card, rather than loe it.

To be clear, you would get no effects, conditions, xp, etc from the discarded "lost" card.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Greig
Australia
Kelso
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its an interesting take on the reduced randomness variant,

it may make it a little easy though (you could possibly have the 1hp penalty like if you short rest and want to keep the card)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aquillo wrote:
its an interesting take on the reduced randomness variant,

it may make it a little easy though (you could possibly have the 1hp penalty like if you short rest and want to keep the card)

Something to consider. My thought was that there was an inherent negative to the act. With a null-Lost card combo, you would still get the effects, which are often at least still "worth" the no damage. But perhaps it needs a more pronounced negative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Laurin
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Why?

Surely the canonical answer to this question in any "Variants" subforum is "because I think it would be an interesting variant"?

To the OP, my gut feel is that this would be inferior to the official reduced randomness variant in every way, but it would take more time and analysis than I want to spend to figure out and explain exactly why.
That is not to say that anyone should share my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrTroy wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
Why?

Surely the canonical answer to this question in any "Variants" subforum is "because I think it would be an interesting variant"?

That's not really an answer, it's just a restatement of the question. What is interesting about it? What is the attraction compared to the standard rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have considered it, but it fails my criteria of either fixing a problem or significantly improving the rules as written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.