Subject: Plastic Dashboard Kickstarter and Inserts and Sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonny Baggs
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mb
I wonder if this game will have custom inserts for the components besides for the miniatures. Mainly concerned with the cards since this game is driven by card action.

I, like so many others that pay over $100 for a board game want to protect the cards and for a few bucks we get high quality card sleeves. I am so infuriated by publishers that don't accommodate card sleeve size and so things don't fit right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The insert that was in the demo prototype was pretty nice. I can only imagine that the final version will be at least as good, if not better.

They already made a point of saying that the Kickstarter Exclusive plastic player dashboards will definitely support sleeved cards, so it is already something that they are looking at. It only makes sense that the insert would get the same sort of consideration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Baggs
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the reply, not longer after I posted this I saw a picture on BGG of the prototype and someone asked the same question about sleeve size consideration and a developer said yes sleeve sizes were considered.

Seriously though, anytime a publisher creates inserts for their big box games and doesn't account for sleeve sizes should be shamed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is tough to accommodate sleevers and non-sleevers and sleever agnostics and keep a cohesive product. I am sleever agnostic, I will sleeve a game if it needs it and it is fiscally responsible to do so but I appreciate a company that tries to work with all sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.