United States
Mansfield
Texas
flag msg tools
Knowledge is light
badge
Be the Change
mbmbmbmbmb
When you flip a regolith card after the event and it is one that causes something bad to happen. On the one that adds a cost of +1 supply or +1 energy when taking a moxie action does this effect remain in play the remainder of the game or does it go away when that particular module is repaired?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dieter van Loon
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Marty,

When you install that module, it is repaired. I believe this is also mentioned somewhere on the scenario card (don't have it close by currently).

One question that I have regarding this scenario is the following:
The negative effect states: an action for oxygen production (emphasis mine) at MOXIE takes 1 additional supply/energy.

However, when I check the back of the scenario (german rules) and use by best german, it seems to say something different: "an action at MOXIE requires 1 additional supply/energy".

As a module installation also happens at the MOXIE facility, the 2 rules have quite an impact on the game.
The first one would indicate that "module installation" (which occures at the MOXIE facility) would not require these additional resources while the german rules indicate that "any" action at the MOXIE facility would require additional resources, including module installation on this particular scenario.

We played it using the english rules this weekend and the scenario was rather easy: do you need additional resources for oxygen? Then first repair the module (costing no additional resources) and only then try to remove oxygen. This way you would never have any negative impact from those 2 effects...

Another question that I have is: do you guys stack the negative effects in case you get the same regolith card as before? We played it so that if we would get 2 red regolith cards, we would need 2 additional supply markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edoras
United States
Muncy
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
...the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.
mb
maloma wrote:
When you flip a regolith card after the event and it is one that causes something bad to happen. On the one that adds a cost of +1 supply or +1 energy when taking a moxie action does this effect remain in play the remainder of the game or does it go away when that particular module is repaired?

This is my question also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severí Vinyoles

Barcelona
Catalonia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that there are two effects that remain in play (the additional cost to produce oxygen). But once you have repaired them, is't over. That's thematic and common sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.