Cameron
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, I'm referencing the following scenario #3 article as a guide. Hit a couple more questions during my second follow through.
http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=10631#more-10631

The PAVN rolled for attack coordination on both turns. However, the special scenario rule 2) reads "The PAVN does not roll for Attack Coordination; all of their attacks are automatically coordinated." Am I misreading something?

On turn 2, the PAVN attack strength was calculated as "12". However, unit A/8/66 took a step loss during turn one and thus is at reduced attack strength of 2, no? Should the total PAVN attack strength calculation have been 4 + 4 + 2 for a total of "10"?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mb
The PAVN rolled for attack coordination on both turns. However, the special scenario rule 2) reads "The PAVN does not roll for Attack Coordination; all of their attacks are automatically coordinated." Am I misreading something?

I don't believe you are misreading anything. This appears to simply be a mistake. Perhaps the author was trying to highlight the game's mechanics.

On turn 2, the PAVN attack strength was calculated as "12". However, unit A/8/66 took a step loss during turn one and thus is at reduced attack strength of 2, no? Should the total PAVN attack strength calculation have been 4 + 4 + 2 for a total of "10"?

Don't forget the mortar. Unlike other artillery, mortars can participate directly in combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's highly likely that the article was written before that particular SSR was put into the scenario.

It's also possible I made a mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.