Kristy Moruso
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Them cards will screw you...
badge
Lil anteater nose!
mbmbmbmbmb
So...I started playing with the real rules and got all the way to the second pirate. Unfortunately, it was the one that said "play against all remaining hazard cards" and they were all discarded. Since I needed to go to bed I just decided the pirates and I could not best each other and they brought me home.
So how exactly does it work? Does it use the discarded cards? And how do you determine its hazard points? Which phase do you use etc.
Any clarification is most appreciated.
Thanks gamers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Baumgarten
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot defeat all of the hazards during the course of the game. Those that you do not defeat during the red hazard phase are set aside in a pile. You add up their total fight value. That's your target number. Then you total up all the cards you get from each one. That's how many you start with. This is explained in the rulebook, by the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keeler
Germany
Mittelbrunn
Rhineland-Palatinate
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Oh, that's how that works? I just shuffled the remaining hazard cards and beat them one-by-one in succession. Gave me a nice new collection of hazard cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
it really seems very clear in the rulebook wrote:
Add up all red hazard points of the remaining undefeated hazard cards (»red Step«) in the hazard discard pile for the hazard value of this pirate. Add up all values in the white boxes for the number of free fighting cards you can draw for this fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristy Moruso
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Them cards will screw you...
badge
Lil anteater nose!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Must've missed that then... ^_^" Well now I know for next time. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.