Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Caltrops rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blake Cetnar
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
So ... Caltrops says it works against a monster. Does it also work against Henchmen and/or Villians? Or does it only work against 'monster' type only?

Second question. Example: For Kyra one of her skills is Wisdom, and under it is Divine: Wisdom +2. If she has to do a check for something that just says Wisdom ... is it a straight up roll or a roll with the +2? I'm assuming it is only a straight roll but wasn't sure.

Last question isn't a rules question. What is generally considered to be best practice when leveling up a character? Pump up the stat you are weakest in, in order to help with those checks when they come around? Or focus on your main combat skill type?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Topgun505 wrote:
So ... Caltrops says it works against a monster. Does it also work against Henchmen and/or Villians? Or does it only work against 'monster' type only?

If the villain or henchman says monster above the check it will work.

Quote:
Second question. Example: For Kyra one of her skills is Wisdom, and under it is Divine: Wisdom +2. If she has to do a check for something that just says Wisdom ... is it a straight up roll or a roll with the +2? I'm assuming it is only a straight roll but wasn't sure.

She does not get the +2 since it is not a Divine check.

Quote:
Last question isn't a rules question. What is generally considered to be best practice when leveling up a character? Pump up the stat you are weakest in, in order to help with those checks when they come around? Or focus on your main combat skill type?

My opinion is to use your first two skill feats to pump up the skill you use to fight monsters. After that you might want to increase a skill that has a secondary skill attached to it or continue increasing you combat skill. For example, Valeros has diplomacy under his Charisma so you may want to increase that skill. The other players in my group almost always max out their combat skill before branching out.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconding the 1 and 2 answers above.

Every Henchman and Villain card has a "Type" value (located above the difficulty), which (so far) is always "Monster" or "Barrier". Any card that works on a monster or barrier will work on a henchmen or villain of that type (unless something says otherwise -- e.g., immunity). You can play Find Traps against a Poison Trap.

You can only use the skill the check calls for -- not some other skill that is based on that skill. If the check says Wisdom, you can't use a skill that is based on Wisdom, you have to use Wisdom.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.