Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NEXT SESSION : Wednesday March 15, 2017.
GAMES : There are usually 50-100 games to choose from.
WHERE? THE LOUNGE of the Canadian Legion Branch 351 - Centertown, 330 Kent Street (The Montgomery Legion)
WHEN? Gaming starts at 5 pm and goes until 10
COST: FREE!!
PARKING : Kent and Somerset have parking, as well as the nearest side streets which are Gilmour, Maclaren, Cooper and Lisgar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Between the snow and March break it was a quiet night at the Legion. My nickname for the evening could have been "Dead Last."

Steve, Wendy, Andrea and I started out with The Voyages of Marco Polo. I was Johannes Caprini who could move between oases without paying any intermediate transit cost. This allowed me to get to Beijing pretty quickly but I didn't get many trading post on the board and only got one of the 3 cities on my objective cards. I completed several contracts, focusing on movement contracts. Steve was Matteo Polo who got an extra die and a free contract each turn. He hammered contracts pretty hard and did a small bit of travelling. He was also quite adept at using camels to get additional dice or adjust his dice. Andrea was Raschid ad-Din Sinan who could pick the values of her dice. She did no travelling and focused exclusively on contracts. Wendy was William of Rubruck who gets to drop trading posts as he moved and had two extra trading posts that she'd get bonuses for if she placed. She was super patient and wound up for big movements where she could drop lots of trading posts at once but only completed a couple contracts. At the end of the game she scored 25 points for placing 11 trading posts, 21 points for her completed objectives, 7 points for being 2nd in Beijing and 1 for remaining gold. That pulled her from way back into third, close behind Steve. Andrea was way out front for the win while I was "Dead Last."

Next up Steve, Wendy, Andrea and I played Fabled Fruit starting out where they last left off. I got off to a very poor start and lost on the push your luck action twice and never recovered. Andrea got her third juices while Wendy an Steve completed two juices. I was, again, "Dead Last."

Finally, Steve, Wendy, Andrea and I played Splendor. This time, Steve quickly amassed a nice tableau of gems with Andrea not too far behind. Steve triggered the game end and eked out a win over Andrea. I was, for the third time Wednesday night, "Dead Last."

Other games I saw played included Automobiles, The Grizzled and Liar's Dice.

Have a great week and I'll see you all next Wednesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.