6 Posts

Epic Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: What are the horizontal cards for? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Krebs
Philippines
flag msg tools
Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere already. I couldn't find it on the forums or through google searching.

I'm asking about the cards where the artwork is horizontal. Are they part of some game variant? And if so which one? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jovel Castaneda
Philippines
Makati / Marikina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they're Gods from the KS edition. they add a permanent ability to the God you've have chosen or randomly dealt to you. it also has recommended cards that go well with said God
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Krebs
Philippines
flag msg tools
jog1118 wrote:
they're Gods from the KS edition. they add a permanent ability to the God you've have chosen or randomly dealt to you. it also has recommended cards that go well with said God

Oh okay haha. How do you play it? Where are the rules for that? Is it co-operative, like you and a buddy team up against the god or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jovel Castaneda
Philippines
Makati / Marikina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it's still for competitive play. you basically give each player a God. that's it. the god abilities can be used normally once per turn, or however it's described in the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Krebs
Philippines
flag msg tools
jog1118 wrote:
it's still for competitive play. you basically give each player a God. that's it. the god abilities can be used normally once per turn, or however it's described in the card.

Ah I see. I thought there was a co-operative "campaign" way to play this game. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChicoGuava wrote:
jog1118 wrote:

Ah I see. I thought there was a co-operative "campaign" way to play this game. Thanks!

Nope, that is one of the other games by the same publisher, called Hero Realms. Also, the campaign is currently very very late because it seems to be a bit of a pet project of the designers and they keep adding more and more to it (not a big deal for me, since they are not going to charge Kickstarter backers extra).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.