Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: AGoT card game recommendation. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Meadows
msg tools
So, I want the Game of Thrones Card Game. The first edition is obviously cheaper now than second edition. Should I go ahead and pay the higher price tag for the second edition or should I pay the lower price for the first to try the game and see if I like it? I feel like IL love it because it's A Song Of Ice And Fire and I love playing magic (hate chasing cards so this eliminates that) and games like Epic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely don't get the first edition. There's a reason a second edition was released: the 1st ed. rules had turned into an impenetrable tangled mess that no designer felt able to fix.

If you want to try 2nd ed. first before you buy it, use OCTGN to play it online for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the second edition is way better to get into. Much better rulebook, no dozens of pages of FAQs. And the cards look a lot nicer, too.

And... you will probably be able to find others who play it much easier than with the first edition. Without opponents, the game is pretty dull.

There really is no reason to start with the first edition at this point.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.