Popular Tags: [View All]
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
After completing the assembly of the Falcon expansion (see - Building the Falcon Expansion), my wife was keen to try it out.

The new frame is larger - despite only four one tile gates being inserted in the walls, it did make a big difference to the footprint of the game.

I used some spare bits I had on hand to make the king and falconer pieces. The black cube is my falconer, and the cowboy glued to the cube is my king. They were satisfactory and perfectly functional. Still, I'd like something better.

Since my wife's usual colour when purple is not available is red and mine is yellow, I think I'll just go to cundco and buy the right kind of meeples in those colours since my game comes with dark and light stained natural wood.

Some of the new tiles came out early. In the draw bag you couldn't tell them from the real McCoy.

Mid game I took a photo of the board in development. I like how my home made tiles worked out.

In he end my wife crushed me.

Overall I liked this expansion a lot. I definitely need to plan better to try and get the Falcon tokens. My wife absolutely crushed that part of he game and it wasn't even close. In the end it was only worth five points but that was because I invested heavily in cutting off the huge open area we had.

The king was a very interesting piece with his score doubling, but using it effectively is another matter.

Overall, I give it a big thumbs up and will definitely be playing it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Ortiz
Spain
Santander
Cantabria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I crafted mine over a year ago, and nowadays i can only play with the expansión included, it gives the game more..... game ninja
Its a shame it never got printed and most people wont enjoy the clever desing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.