Hide
4 Posts

Dark Darker Darkest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mutually Passing Items? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Huff
msg tools
Hi guys, I'm loving DDD. One of the coolest games ever!

Question: If two survivors have a maximum item count (i.e. 5 items each), can they simultaneously pass each other items (obviously at a cost of 2AP) to avoid exceeding their maximum inventory limit? Or does one survivor have to either discard (or pass their item to a different Survivor) to create room for the incoming item?

Thanks again for all the attention you give to this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hagen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest house ruling that this is possible. Maybe 1 person throws their item up in the air, while the other item is passed, then the first item is caught by the 2nd player. There. that makes sense, doesn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Huff
msg tools
Oddly this happened to us the other night, but we had a third survivor in the group with an open slot and her "pass for free" skill activated, so we were able to circumvent the system at no addition cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gray
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would house rule yes, as logically if they have 5 items each and only 2 hands they have to be able to rotate what they are holding, therefore they should be able to exchange items using the same method.

Of course if they are in the middle of combat or some other consuming event this isn't going to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.