Popular Tags: [View All]
"L'├ętat, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife said she wanted to make some drawstring bags for some of our games and said there must be some game related fabric out there. A quick Google search yielded some promising images but we're looking for a source either in or that will ship to Canada.

All leads appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Fabric Depot is supposedly one of the largest fabric stores in the US, and they ship internationally. But my search for game fabric on their website was unfruitful. Though if you find one you like online, maybe they could special order it.

https://www.fabricdepot.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purrceys
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a Canadian as well. Generally I've found fabric in various themes I've used for gaming bags(quilting fabric) on ebay.ca. Search for "fabric" and "whatever theme you'd like".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather than make general gaming bags, my wife has made some for specific games. I generally pick a nice simple fitting colour scheme for the game rather than some sort of print as it feels more thematic.

Marvel Dice Masters got a primary red bag and blue bag with golden cord (thick and with visible weave) so they looked like part of a heroes costume.

My wife made a bag out of a strange black material which was shiny and had specs of silver in it. It looked like something in outer space and was initially used for Eldritch Horror monsters. A recent kickstarter got me tons of special dice in a Cthulhu print bag, so my custom bag moved to a space game I own instead. This is of course the second benefit of thematic, but generalised material. You can share the bags in multiple games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Greasby
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Walsh Code
mbmbmbmbmb
This store is very expensive but they haves some good options.

https://www.spoonflower.com/shop?type=fabric&view=designs&sh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
Rather than make general gaming bags, my wife has made some for specific games. I generally pick a nice simple fitting colour scheme for the game rather than some sort of print as it feels more thematic.

Marvel Dice Masters got a primary red bag and blue bag with golden cord (thick and with visible weave) so they looked like part of a heroes costume.

My wife made a bag out of a strange black material which was shiny and had specs of silver in it. It looked like something in outer space and was initially used for Eldritch Horror monsters. A recent kickstarter got me tons of special dice in a Cthulhu print bag, so my custom bag moved to a space game I own instead. This is of course the second benefit of thematic, but generalised material. You can share the bags in multiple games.

This. I made some bags to store the gamer pieces from Hansa Teutonica in the different colors from a multi-colored Batik fabric.

Also, you need to think outside of the box and find a fabric (and trims) that coordinate with the game. My bag for Ra, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ask this BBGer
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another "tip" is for her to look through the "Fat Quarters" and "Fabric Quarters" in JoAnn Fabrics where the quilting fabrics are displayed. There is a wide range of fabrics to choose from and that is usually where I find something useful. Bonus, the pieces are the right size to make a medium-largish bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Another "tip" is for her to look through the "Fat Quarters" and "Fabric Quarters" in JoAnn Fabrics where the quilting fabrics are displayed. There is a wide range of fabrics to choose from and that is usually where I find something useful. Bonus, the pieces are the right size to make a medium-largish bag.

Oops! Missed the part about Canada. Still, my advice applies in the sense that she can check in the quilting section a any large fabric store to see similar pieces. (I think...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'├ętat, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Also, you need to think outside of the box and find a fabric (and trims) that coordinate with the game.

A couple of points...

We have a lot of spare fabric around the house. And we're aware of the local fabric shops. This isn't my wife's first rodeo.

My wife had the spontaneous idea that she'd like to make a variety of bags for the gamer guys I hang with. Which is very sweet.

But that why we're looking for gaming related fabric. Dice, meeples, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgreasby wrote:
This store is very expensive but they haves some good options.

https://www.spoonflower.com/shop?type=fabric&view=designs&sh...

Note: this is a custom shop which allows you to upload your own designs. Sort of the equivalent of printerstudio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
Also, you need to think outside of the box and find a fabric (and trims) that coordinate with the game.

A couple of points...

We have a lot of spare fabric around the house. And we're aware of the local fabric shops. This isn't my wife's first rodeo.

My wife had the spontaneous idea that she'd like to make a variety of bags for the gamer guys I hang with. Which is very sweet.

But that why we're looking for gaming related fabric. Dice, meeples, etc.

Got it, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Have a look at what they did over in this thread. Perhaps you could make use of that option. (It appears they will ship to Canada. Though I'm not sure how much they charge.)

Edit: I see now that someone else already mentioned spoonflower.com. I think it's still worthwhile to check out that other thread though. It shows how nice the results are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.