Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about picking these up. For those who have them is it worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like them. In the couple games I have played with them, they don't come into play *too* terribly often, but I like the benefits they give. Whether they get taken is partly a function of matching up symbols to your previously built buildings, but I like seeing before hand the results you will get for the number of lanterns you are likely to obtain (allows you to more easily pick your exploration team).

Another benefit is adding more explore cards into the mix, should you choose to expand your game to five players. Explore cards are sometimes a limiting factor in larger games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Groves expansion. To start with, I used them a lot, but I didn't win any games with that strategy! They are good if you can use them sparingly, and at the right time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Mortensen
Ireland
Navan
Meath
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This small expansion has gone down well with our group. The important strategy with them really is trying to match up the buildings either side to get additional points from the cards. We've played games where some players take several of the cards and others take none, and winners have varied between those that have taken the cards and those who haven't. For us, the cards really haven't determined winning/losing, rather they add an additional aspect to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Coulter
Canada
Fraser Valley
BC
flag msg tools
mb
For us we really like them too. It's nice to have another option for exploring. I will say that they can be quite powerful, we finally had someone fill their whole goods track by using them to get some of the stray goods, while also scoring points for adjacency... brutal points swing. That player did win that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.