Subject: Expansion potability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Revell
United Kingdom
Norwich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played this great game coming up to 30 times now.. And i still very much find it enjoyable but long for some extra spice in the mix...
Is there any plans for an expansion??
would love to know whats being worked on next ect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't have the brettspiel advert calendar promo you might want to try and pick that up, not tried it to give opinions om whether its any good mind.

I do hope it gets a full expansion sometime though, wonderful game and I always like to have more content for games I enjoy :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Alex Kevern
United States
Mahopac
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been iterating on some expansion ideas. If the base game continues to do well, it's possible it will see the light of day. Thanks for spreading the good word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mistergnome wrote:
I have been iterating on some expansion ideas. If the base game continues to do well, it's possible it will see the light of day. Thanks for spreading the good word.

Thanks for the info, hope the expansion happens!

I would humbly request that the expansion not overly increase complexity. Gold West fits what I consider an under-served niche, i.e. Euros that pack satisfying decisions into a short playtime. Adding on too much would put it in a higher bracket of weight and playtime that is more crowded.

Simple and obvious additions:
- More investment cards
- More boomtown tiles

But I'm sure you have more exciting stuff up your sleeve too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
mistergnome wrote:

Thanks for the info, hope the expansion happens!

I would humbly request that the expansion not overly increase complexity. Gold West fits what I consider an under-served niche, i.e. Euros that pack satisfying decisions into a short playtime. Adding on too much would put it in a higher bracket of weight and playtime that is more crowded.

Simple and obvious additions:
- More investment cards
- More boomtown tiles

But I'm sure you have more exciting stuff up your sleeve too!

These are the reasons I am considering the game, among others, but these are some of the biggest. So everything he says here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirty Chicken
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on a reprint on the base game and if so an ETA? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Jones
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mistergnome wrote:

How exciting I hope it comes to fruition. I love this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An expansion would be terrific. Hopefully the shortage of Gold West in stores doesn't mean TMG's interest has faded.

Off the top of my head expansion ideas.

1. Investment cards. (Obviously)
2. Boom Town tiles. (Of course)
3. A new resource. Diamonds perhaps? Could be a wild.
4. Player powers.
5. More obstacles for terrain, like the river tile in the base game. Something to create more choke points for continuous camps.
6. The different spaces on the supply track could offer more than just points in terms of bonuses. Perhaps it gives you other immediate benefits (place a camp, gain an influence, etc.)
7. Similar to the previous idea. Bonuses for covering certain spots on your influence tracks. The player boards in Great Western Trail come to mind.

One awesome thing about the main board being completely modular is that you could really mix up how things work without having to sell a whole new board. For example you could replace shipping, alter how the loot scoring/mechanic works or totally change end game scoring and depending on how many of those things you change you'd only have to sell 1-3 tiles. And, if balanced for it, players could pick and choose, mix and match expansion board tiles with the base game board tiles from game to game essentially shooting replayability into the stratosphere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.