Subject: Metal coins add-on for next KS? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Angelo Ng
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anyone else feel like they would be interested in metal versions of the coins (say, from Campaign Coins) as an add-on for the nect KS (expansions)?

I personally would love a bit more heft and tactile feel to the coins, unless someone's already found a nice plastic or metal replacement out there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
mbmbmbmbmb
Sploot wrote:
Anyone else feel like they would be interested in metal versions of the coins (say, from Campaign Coins) as an add-on for the nect KS (expansions)?

I personally would love a bit more heft and tactile feel to the coins, unless someone's already found a nice plastic or metal replacement out there?

when playing with the PnP version, we used poker chips. they clink really nicely
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
During development, we used poker chips from GameKnight, in denominations of 1, 5, and 25.

https://www.gameknightstore.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1832

The colours on the website are not accurate to the actual chips, unfortunately. They look richer in person.

Regular poker chips would work as well, but it was good having the value printed on the chip, it meant new players didn't need reminding what the values were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
The tokens are already really nice. This is one KS that doesn't benefit from them. Just use poker chips if you really need something new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gina Laurie
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Master of none
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I use . They work well for a lot of different games including Unfair . You might have to make change but then that's part of the fun of playing with money poker chips. Also, they're larger than they look in the photo. They're about the size of a 1/2 dollar coin.

https://www.amazon.com/Greenbacks-Brand-Poker-Custom-Playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanwen Dong
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
It's just a hobby
mb
These Eclipse Poker Chip are also excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Wheeler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
As many have said poker chip with numbers printed from $1, $5 and so on work well. Looking for plastic ones myself on Amazon or e-bay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
joelfinch wrote:
During development, we used poker chips from GameKnight, in denominations of 1, 5, and 25.

https://www.gameknightstore.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1832

The colours on the website are not accurate to the actual chips, unfortunately. They look richer in person.

Regular poker chips would work as well, but it was good having the value printed on the chip, it meant new players didn't need reminding what the values were.

I'd like some poker chips for this. I like the cardboard chits to be fair, and ideally I'd love some nice weighty poker chips in the same design (shape, colour, size) as the chits. I'd definitely back a KS for that! However if I can find some decent normally ones (with the values on) I'll get them, I don't want cheap thin plastic ones though - need some nice weight to them! Anyone find anything applicable in the UK?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.