Hide
4 Posts

Wiz-War (eighth edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mental Force through targets own door. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dart Thornbowl
msg tools
Can you mental force someone through their own door?
This came up in play the other night and we ended up flipping a coin to resolve it.

On one hand it says you move the target wizard as normal.
But to move them through a door you are then also making them open the door.
However in the rules it states all doors in a wizards home sector are considered unlocked for them.
Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so, but the rules are ambiguous.

Going for a fluffy answer, the existence of a "Master Key" item implies that they are locked, which would mean that each Wizard carries a physical key on them for their own sector - which would imply that another wizard can't open the door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
Check me out on Instagram: @WisdomForWizards
badge
"Behold, a treasure more valuable than gold."
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course this could go either way but this is how I rule it based on a few different facts:

- The doors are really more like Magical barriers.

- the rules state: Doors in a wizard’s home sector are always considered unlocked for him. It does not cost any movement points to open or pass through a door.

- Mental Force targets an opponent and then you move them as normal taking into account the above rules.

--------------------

So my final verdict is that you can mental force someone through their own door. But I could very well see how it could be taken the other way, I just think the shortest argument is usually the better choice and in this case, a wizard of the same color as a door can essentially operate as if it doesn't exist. (except for line of sight spells, but that's another story entirely)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenix Guardian
Italy
Verona
Veneto
flag msg tools
good question, never mind this before.

So, the point it's what physically are doors. The answer i think you can find in the "keeping the doors open" rule. a wizard can KEEP the door open only when, in it's sector (or in another with keys), it's adjacent the door and declare the action.

why this rule it's important? because it means no doors are really "magic barrier" that can be pass through without action. The rules claim a player in its own sector DON'T SPEND MOVEMENT POINT to open this, don't speak about "it's automatic the player can pass through"

by the way, in mental forces case, you cannot pass through doors, even if you are in the controlled player's sector, because only the player can open/close doors by choice. instead, for the same reason, you can pass through YOUR door with the controlled player

NOTE: thanks for the question, i write something about in the card's page (http://wizwarmastered.blogspot.it/2014/10/mentalism-attack-m...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.