Miguel A Fernandez Rico
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

I just preordered Santorini (back in stock on a store in Spain, Im not sure they send worldwide but if you want the link pm me). And they also have this expansion, and I was wondering if I should buy it also or not, kind of as an add on. I look some information online and it seems cool but Im still wondering. So, should I buy it or not? It is good enough to be worth the buy? Will I need to play the base game a lot before considering buying the expansion?

Thanks for the answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got Santorini, and LOVE it, but I'm not going to pick up the expansion until I've played the base game a LOT more. There is a hell of a lot of game in the core set, and I think the expansion is quite expensive for what it gives you. All the rules for the expansion are included in the core game anyway, so you can proxy the expansion content anyway and, if you want the new cards and figures, purchase the expansion if you then like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel A Fernandez Rico
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayOBedlam wrote:
I've got Santorini, and LOVE it, but I'm not going to pick up the expansion until I've played the base game a LOT more. There is a hell of a lot of game in the core set, and I think the expansion is quite expensive for what it gives you. All the rules for the expansion are included in the core game anyway, so you can proxy the expansion content anyway and, if you want the new cards and figures, purchase the expansion if you then like it.

Thanks for the answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally I'd advise the same (wait) BUT if what I'm told about the future lack of availability of the expansion is true then I'd definitely grab it now, because you're going to want it for sure. It's AWESOME. Really, really interesting characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel A Fernandez Rico
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
inuitmyth909 wrote:
Normally I'd advise the same (wait) BUT if what I'm told about the future lack of availability of the expansion is true then I'd definitely grab it now, because you're going to want it for sure. It's AWESOME. Really, really interesting characters.

Thanks for the answer! Im scared of this as well, as the game should arrive by the end of the week I will just keep an eye on the availability of the expansion, and if I see that it starts to go low I would jump into it. Otherwise I would try to play it as much as possible this weekend and judge myself, cant wait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.