Subject: Got game the used - expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the game is out of print.

Now, I found Blood Bowl - Team Manager - Sudden Death in stock in my town.

Is this the better of the two expansions to get?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By all accounts Foul Play is the better one, but is impossible to get now. If you like the game, get sudden death, it's not bad. The undead are widely considered to be overpowered (I agree), but it's no big deal, easy to house rule or give to a less experienced player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
achates wrote:
By all accounts Foul Play is the better one, but is impossible to get now. If you like the game, get sudden death, it's not bad. The undead are widely considered to be overpowered (I agree), but it's no big deal, easy to house rule or give to a less experienced player.

Not that it matters too much, but just how much will I be missing out on by not having Foul Play?

/M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much. It's three new teams but there is plenty of fun to be had in the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
achates wrote:
Not much. It's three new teams but there is plenty of fun to be had in the base game.

What teams are included in base game and expansions.

Can't find the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hall
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have sudden death only and I'd say its worth getting. The new balls are definitely worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Coleman
United Kingdom
Hampton
Middlesex
flag msg tools
achates wrote:

I think Sudden death is the better expansion. The enchanted balls are the best bit of the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no desperation to get Foul Play. Play the base + SD a few times and if your group likes it, hunt down a copy of FP.

I will say that I think Foul Play's extra stuff seems to keep the fan score a little move even thoughout the game (that is, there seems to be less tendency for one guy to get a runaway lead) but that's anecdotal. I use all the things it adds except for the roving corrupt ref which I feel adds unecessary fiddling and extra playtime which BBTM does not need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
János Lacza
Hungary
Ballószög
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MuRRe wrote:
achates wrote:

What teams are included in base game and expansions.

Can't find the info.

Base game:
Chaos, Dwarf, Wood Elf, Human, Orc, and Skaven

Sudden Death:
Undead, Vampires, Dark Elves

Foul Play:
Goblins, Chaos Dwarfs, Nurgle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
boxjuggler wrote:
achates wrote:

I think Sudden death is the better expansion. The enchanted balls are the best bit of the expansion.

I'm inclined to agree and the enchanted balls are certainly excellent although I would suggest that the teams are the best thing about the expansion.

OP - given that the game has only just gone out of print it may be worth checking out any nearby mainstream stores that sell FFG games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
achates wrote:

I think the Stadiums are unbalanced, and the corrupt ref rules too cumbersome. Fouls are fun though. If I could only get one it would be SD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found Foul Play in another language, but I guess I would need reference up all the time, so it wouldn't fill any purpose?

I picked up Sudden Death (it was the last one they had).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.