Memoir '44: The Battles of Khalkhin-Gol» Forums » General

Subject: Isn't it ironic? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I remember reading that future memoir product would be greatly dependant on the success of this particular release, the Battles of Khalkhin-Gol.

Well, it just so happens that I, as well as countless others spread across numerous countries, are just dying to get our hands on this new expansion, but it just isn't available! Mind you, it was scheduled for release it late December originally and we're already Mid-March by now.

I would greatly appreciate word from the company as to if and when Khalkhin Gol is going to be widely available in countries other than France and the USA. I can certainly understand that things do not always go according to plan, but the least they can do is chine in here on BGG and on the DoW forums explaining what is going on. Is that really too much to ask??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaap K
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say, it is a bit weird indeed... My FLGS can also still not get ANY info on availability in the Netherlands.

In solving your specific problem; the Belgian web shop has stock and ships for a normal Dutch price: http://www.spelmagazijn.be/gezelschapsspellen/memoir-44-the-...

I'm happily playing my expansion for the last month already
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jk_W wrote:
I have to say, it is a bit weird indeed... My FLGS can also still not get ANY info on availability in the Netherlands.

In solving your specific problem; the Belgian web shop has stock and ships for a normal Dutch price: http://www.spelmagazijn.be/gezelschapsspellen/memoir-44-the-...

I'm happily playing my expansion for the last month already :D

I've just placed the order there, thanks!

If and when my local FLAGS gets their copies, I might just buy an additional one. Just want to make sure I actually do get my hands on a copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Nieuwkoop
Netherlands
Klundert
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's availible in the Netherlands
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up my copy at my Canadian FLGS (Sentry Box, Calgary, AB) in February. They still have copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul GA
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I would like to know if it is available in the UK. Moreover, if copies of Pacific expansion will be available in the UK as well, because I don't have that and I see no point in buying Khalkin Gol if I can't buy the Japanese army required to play it.

There is a possibility to get Pacific expansion on E-bay at about £36 but it says there may be extra shipping costs (as it comes from the USA) and as I have no idea what those would be, I am unwilling to risk it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jk_W wrote:

I'm happily playing my expansion for the last month already

I bought from this site and got the expansion super quick. I little expensive for p&p but at least I've now got the expansion in the UK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olden
Wales
Cardiff
Cardiff
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've given up my order with Gameslore and ordered from here also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
warerare wrote:
I've given up my order with Gameslore and ordered from here also.

I'm being stubborn and clinging onto my Gameslore pre-order. They'll get it eventually. At least I hope they will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like this is finally starting to arrive in the UK. Had an email from Boardgameguru but it was already out of stock when I visited the website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also arrived at gameslore.com, but they will handle it on a first come first serve basis, so I don't know how many copies are left after pre-orders are fullfilled.
I was told I was third in line, so hopefully my copy will ship Monday.

Looking forward to finally getting it and playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment it is only available in huge quantities at www.sheepgames.be in Belgium. They have over 20 on stock, but dwindling fast.

In the sales section of this page you see the reference as the ONLY place to order it for now.

You know what I think ?

Asmodee wants to get rid of the Memoir franchise and "fails" to deliver the goods to the thousands of fans.

NO publicity on BGG whatsoever, NO decent distribution, almost a wait and see attitude for a game that sold tens of thousands of copies, no huge press releases.

In other words ... NO policy at all.

If there is ANYONE working for Asmodee, I want an explanation NOW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul GA
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Khalkhin Gol is now available in the UK, I got it today through the post. Leisure Games have it for £22.99 + £3.50 postage. https://leisuregames.com/search?q=memoir+44

Still no sign of Pacific Theatre expansion though! By the looks of it, as long as you have other units, all the rules are available on the Battle Map and the most I can see you needing is 84 troops on US side and 72 on Japanese for Torokina Landings. Haven't looked at the others yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rickard
Sweden
Växjö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
thegergcollective wrote:
Still no sign of Pacific Theatre expansion though!

Head over to www.sheepgames.be. I ordered both Pacific Theatre and Khalkin-Gol through them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.