One Deck Dungeon» Forums » Variants

Subject: Campaign sheets - how to use? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kos blaat
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
i may be dumb but can anyone explain how to use the paper sheets in the game ?
http://asmadigames.com/rules/ODDCampaign_v15_proof.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
kosterix wrote:
i may be dumb but can anyone explain how to use the paper sheets in the game ?
http://asmadigames.com/rules/ODDCampaign_v15_proof.pdf

Read page 22 (http://asmadigames.com/rules/ODDRules_v15_proof.pdf):

Quote:
You earn one checkmark for each time you descended or leveled up, and
an additional three if you defeated the boss. After an Easy (one dot)
dungeon, you can only check off green circles, after a Medium (two
dot) dungeon, green circles or yellow squares, after a Hard (three dot)
dungeon, any colored spaces. Once all spaces next to a talent have been
checked off, you have earned the use of that talent for all future games.
There are four groups of talents, called focuses. You can always learn
talents from any group. Basic talents can be used in every game. At the
start of each game, though, each hero must pick one other focus. You may
not use talents from the other two focus groups during that game...

Quote:
Use the boxes at the bottom of the campaign sheet to track how many
games you’ve played, and which bosses you’ve defeated. Try to defeat all
five in as few plays as possible!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Robinson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Game arriving tomorrow, have a campaign question as well. For basic skills with "crafty" says you may have an extra skill or item. Does this mean you can use a skill twice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it just increases your capacity by one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kos blaat
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
With quoting you are not explaining. Worse, you are implying that I don't read. So either quote with explanation or don't.
Let me rephrase, since it's so obviously clear to you ;-)

"You earn one checkmark for each time you descended or leveled up, and
an additional three if you defeated the boss. After an Easy (one dot)
dungeon, you can only check off green circles"

-> which of all those checkmarks?
-> which green ones?
is one row == 1 attempt? how does the sheet work?

There are several icons in each column next to each other, how do I check these off as intended? An example perhaps?

on the left, what are those groups basic / healing / combat ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kos blaat
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nathan1974 wrote:
Game arriving tomorrow, have a campaign question as well. For basic skills with "crafty" says you may have an extra skill or item. Does this mean you can use a skill twice?

the rules explicitly say you can't have the same skill twice. Also explicitly you can only use a skill only once per encounter / boss round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kos blaat
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
perhaps I check off one green circle after doing a complete single play-through (= like non-campaign)? I assumed that a campaign means doing a dungeon with an easy boss, then with the victorious hero (same items same skills) a medium dungeon then with that hero (probably more items potions and skills) a hard dungeon?

but if so what does "hard only" mean on the sheet?

It seems that since there is only 1 field for hero name and player name, the whole sheet is valid only for that hero, and on the bottom there are all the bosses.

But it would be very different to descend to a hard boss from a fresh start vs from a 'campaign like setup'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Oester
msg tools
I'll try to explain my understanding of the campaign sheet.

If you are playing against an easy, one dot rated dungeon than for each of the objectives you accomplish you are able to fill in/check off one of the green colored circles.

Example: (Based on my interpretation.)
-If you got to level 3 of an easy dungeon before you died then you went down two levels = You can fill in two green dots.
-If you leveled up your character to level 3 in that game = You can fill in two additional green dots.

From the above game I can choose any four green dots to fill in to mark my progress on the campaign sheet. Obviously the more levels you descend, or achieve on your character then the more dots you can fill in with beating the dungeon boss being three more above that in which you can color in.

But there are three different colored circles on the campaign sheet. If you just tried the hardest, three dot, dungeons and got to the second floor and leveled up your character to level 3 then even though you haven't beaten the dungeon you still earned three of the red color coded circles that you can now fill in. (You could spend those three points on any color dot but it's best to put it in the red ones since you paid the price of battling the hardest dungeons to get them.)

So in a worst case scenario you can grind a dungeon a few times earning a few dots of progress for that difficulty level so that you can fill in the dots of that color on the campaign sheet.

You can fill up and complete any of the abilities/perks in the first section of the campaign, the basic Talents/Focus in any order. Though finishing them in order makes things a bit faster and easier for subsequent games.

You can also pick one of the three other Focus groups to specialize in and unlock perks/abilities in that section.

The newest version of the campaign sheet does away with the Focus type listing that made you complete it before you could start unlocking perks from that group.

The newest sheet also has most of the dungeon bosses listed across the bottom. I see that simply as a tally sheet to track which dungeon bosses you've managed to beat over your campaign. More bragging rights/trophy wall than a restriction of a single boss of each type per campaign.

I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Robinson
msg tools
mbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
No, it just increases your capacity by one.

So this skill focus is for the level card then? Looking at the rules on page 17, I can have either 2 items or 3 Skills instead of 1 item-2 skills right? I understand I can't do both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
kosterix wrote:
With quoting you are not explaining. Worse, you are implying that I don't read. So either quote with explanation or don't.
Let me rephrase, since it's so obviously clear to you ;-)

Sorry, but since you didn't explained what you really wanted to know in the first post, I though you may have missed the campaign rules in the rulebook... in fact I asked the same thing to myself when I was trying to figure out how to use the campaign sheet without reading the campaign rules :\

Anyway, Alexis Tremain explained it really well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Robinson
msg tools
mbmbmb
@ Chris, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pe Zeta
msg tools
mbmbmb
Great Explanation Alexis.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.