Subject: 2 Qs: Nexu's pounce & grenade throw in empty space. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tom cap
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all.

I'm a fairly new player and I've been looking up for a couple of rules explanations. I'm still not sure about these situations:

1) If the Nexu can pounce 3 squares, does it in fact imply that he can reach the 4th square by landing the back of the figure in the 3rd square?
In other words, can it attack a figure 5 squares away?

2) If throwing a grenade isn't worded as an attack, can a figure throw it in an empty space? And does it require a LoS?

Thanks in advance for the help.

edit: spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes. You can start counting the 3 spaces from any of the Nexu's spaces ( and count them diogonally as well but not over blocking terrain) and then place the Nexu in a way that one of its spaces is the one you counted to.

2)Yes, the grenade(s) can be thrown on an empty space. No, you do not need LoS if not mentioned explicitly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Grenades (and some other abilities) tell you to choose a space, so you choose a space, whether there is a figure or not.

Attacks tell you to choose a figure (or object) as the target of the attack, so you choose a figure (or object), which produces a target space. You use the target space when you draw line of sight and determine the required accuracy with (and for Blast), but you are still attacking a figure (or object).

Just go with the wording of the ability and do not add any requirements that are not there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom cap
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot, guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Locu wrote:
1) Yes. You can start counting the 3 spaces from any of the Nexu's spaces ( and count them diogonally as well but not over blocking terrain) and then place the Nexu in a way that one of its spaces is the one you counted to.

FYI, the Nexu is a large figure and cannot move diagonally.

We missed this rule for our first few games, its an easy one to overlook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aggie0642 wrote:
FYI, the Nexu is a large figure and cannot move diagonally.

While not able to move diagonally, the Nexu can Pounce diagonally, because Pounce is a placement within 3 spaces and not movement. Sometimes Nexu gets further away with Pounce than with 6 movement points. (Around certain corners.)

However, you can't Count Spaces for Pounce through blocking terrain, while the Nexu can move through and into them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom cap
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh, so no pounce across red lines?
If you could please tell me where I can find this rule, because I sense I'll have to prove this point...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav W
Sweden
Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Counting spaces, emphasis mine wrote:
Impassable terrain, figures, and difficult terrain can be moved into
and through without costing additional movement point for this
measurement. This measurement cannot go through walls, doors,
or blocking terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom cap
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks but I have the rules in French and English is a second language.
I confess I don't get the quote :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav W
Sweden
Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pounce (the nexu ability) tells you to count spaces.
In the rulebook, under counting spaces, it says you can count spaces through impassable terrain (dashed red lines) but you can't count spaces through blocking terrain (solid red lines).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom cap
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so now I don't get how the Nexu can move through blocking terrain (or end on top of it if i'm not mistaken) if you can't count spaces through it

edit: move/pounce... I'm lost here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing is that mobile only works while moving and Pounce is not moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tomfromparis wrote:
Ok, so now I don't get how the Nexu can move through blocking terrain (or end on top of it if i'm not mistaken) if you can't count spaces through it

See Mobile. Figures with Mobile and Massive can ignore blocking and impassible terrain and edges while moving.

Movement happens one space at a time, it does not use Counting Spaces.

(Counting Spaces uses generic small figure movement, but movement does not use Counting Spaces.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Parts of the Nexu can end on blocking terrain after the pounce, as long as the actual space counted to is not blocking terrain. When moving, they can move onto and end on blocking terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom cap
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All right, I think I understand now.
Thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.