Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giuliano Bartolucci
Italy
fano
Pesaro Urbino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to glue the 3 benefit tokes, activation cost tokens and reserve/fatigue tokens to the Book of Skelos.
Do you recommend it or is there something I miss? Aren't those fixed between scenarios?
Any contribution highly appreciated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the moment, it does not seem they vary from one scenario to the next. HOWEVER, this might change in the future (either in homemade or in official extensions/scenarios). I would avoid gluing them if I were you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mathhatt wrote:
For the moment, it does not seem they vary from one scenario to the next. HOWEVER, this might change in the future (either in homemade or in official extensions/scenarios). I would avoid gluing them if I were you.

Worst case scenario, you could put the "replacement" tokens on top of the glued ones.

If you want to glue the tokens to the board, I say go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blu-tack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuliano Bartolucci
Italy
fano
Pesaro Urbino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bluetack:

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B001FGLX72

but also do a search for "bluetack" and you can likely find it cheaper.

Edit: here's a cheaper one:

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B0001OZI70
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
giulibartolucci1204 wrote:
I'd like to glue the 3 benefit tokes, activation cost tokens and reserve/fatigue tokens to the Book of Skelos.
Do you recommend it or is there something I miss? Aren't those fixed between scenarios?
Any contribution highly appreciated

i heard a rumor in some other thread a couple months ago that the up-coming expansions may change which tokens are used in those spaces. i wouldn't glue them in there (but Bluetack seems like a good workaround, since it works like glue but you could take the tokens out whenever you want).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

On our side (Monolith) we have not planned on releasing scenarios that would change these tokens.

However, we also suggest you use blu-tak just in case
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BadKam wrote:
Hi,

On our side (Monolith) we have not planned on releasing scenarios that would change these tokens.

Do you work for Monolith? If yes do you have some information about the upcoming expansions like the Dragon or the big boxes? When/if they hit retail?

Do you know if there will be a point/swap system for heroes, items and/or monsters?

Will we get scenarios for all the Miniatures from the King pledges?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuliano Bartolucci
Italy
fano
Pesaro Urbino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really grateful! Thanks averybody guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
amanwing wrote:
BadKam wrote:
Hi,

Do you work for Monolith? If yes do you have some information about the upcoming expansions like the Dragon or the big boxes? When/if they hit retail?

Do you know if there will be a point/swap system for heroes, items and/or monsters?

Will we get scenarios for all the Miniatures from the King pledges?

The Dragon will not hit retail.
The 3 big expansions will be available at the pace decided by Asmodee. They start with Nordheim and after that, I can't tell you when and which one will be available.

There will be no official swap system for Conan. We prefer to focus on publishing new scenarios than creating a system that will probably not be satisfactory.

The scenarios are being published regularly on our website and will continue to be on a regular basis so you will be able to play all the minis from your King Pledge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BadKam wrote:
There will be no official swap system for Conan.

Not even something user-based in the app where you can swap heroes/tiles and give feedback on how it impacted (or didn't) the balance? This could generate easy user-created lists with possible swaps. All you'd have to do is implement some sort of "custom team" functionality in the app.

Also, I know you probably have no impact on this decision so don't feel personally attacked by my harshness, but not providing at least some minor guidelines for hero/tile swapping seems lazy. It's pretty much assumed at this point that the most important factors in scenario balance are the skills every hero and overlord tile has, so it would be nice to create a small FAQ of sorts to point out other things we need to pay attention to (can you swap a yellow reroll mob with a red dice mob? can you swap a 1 reinforcement mob for a 2 reinforcement mob?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
Vinceness wrote:
BadKam wrote:

Not even something user-based in the app where you can swap heroes/tiles and give feedback on how it impacted (or didn't) the balance? This could generate easy user-created lists with possible swaps. All you'd have to do is implement some sort of "custom team" functionality in the app.

Also, I know you probably have no impact on this decision so don't feel personally attacked by my harshness, but not providing at least some minor guidelines for hero/tile swapping seems lazy. It's pretty much assumed at this point that the most important factors in scenario balance are the skills every hero and overlord tile has, so it would be nice to create a small FAQ of sorts to point out other things we need to pay attention to (can you swap a yellow reroll mob with a red dice mob? can you swap a 1 reinforcement mob for a 2 reinforcement mob?)

No problem

The balance (of the Force) can be disturbed by many factors:
- The skills of a hero
- The encumbrance limit of a skill
- The exertion limit of an action (mostly movement)
- The starting equipment
- The order of the Unit tiles
- The starting number of gems in the Overlord's Reserve zone
- etc

So as you can see, we could work on guidelines but it would absolutely not guarantee any kind of balance or (even worst) any fun in a scenario.

We prefer creating new scenarios, with new content and setup, new stories for you to play instead of offering you a non-satisfactory system. In both cases, you will be able to play all your minis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Williamson
United States
Bloomfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BadKam wrote:

Really? Will there be any other way to get the Dragon or the other small expansions?

We were told during the KS that anything non-exclusive would be available at retail. For those of us wanting to support our FLGS and get those products through them this seems like a real kick in the face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
SmallRealities wrote:
BadKam wrote:

Really? Will there be any other way to get the Dragon?

We were told during the KS that anything non-exclusive would be available at retail. For those of us wanting to support our FLGS and get those products through them this seems like a real kick in the face.

Agreed.

If it was going to be KSE it should have been marked as such.

Actions like this make me start to lose trust in a company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
I personnally never saw or read anywhere during the KS that all the non-exclusives would be available at retail.
Retail availability totally depends on the distributor (Asmodee). If they don't buy stuff from Monolith, said stuff won't hit retail.
At the moment, what we know for sure is that Asmodee have released the core box, 3 small expansions (yogah, crossbowmen, kushites), and that 1 large expansion is forecasted (Nordheim).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I think this thread has been officially hijacked, so here's my two cents:
BadKam wrote:

As someone who missed the Kickstarter (but bought the King's Pledge on Ebay), this makes me sad but I understand the business decision.
BadKam wrote:
The scenarios are being published regularly on our website and will continue to be on a regular basis so you will be able to play all the minis from your King Pledge

Looking forward to it! Do you need beta testers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Leloup
msg tools
Vinceness wrote:
BadKam wrote:

I think it will be a mistake to propose such a system. Indeed, some people already complain that some scenarios are unbalanced (even if sometimes that can be right). If you propose a generic swapping mechanism, that can lead to serious flaws for some scenarios due to special ability which will break the scenario in some cases (and not in other cases). So I would prefer having loads of scenario with different characters rather than a generic swapping mechanism that will lead to frustration as it may highly unbalance some specific scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Do
msg tools
Will there be any plans to release a collection of all scenarios? A scenario compendium of sorts? As a fan, I would be willing to pay for such a manual instead of just printing them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BadKam wrote:

Wow that are some bad news, not even in your own webstore?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rockatansky Ash
msg tools
mbmb
RedFinch wrote:
Will there be any plans to release a collection of all scenarios? A scenario compendium of sorts? As a fan, I would be willing to pay for such a manual instead of just printing them out.

There's a fanmade one incoming.

https://the-overlord.com/index.php?/topic/546-faire-part-de-...&

It's a french one but maybe the english community can start working on an english one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
amanwing wrote:
BadKam wrote:

This still has to be reviewed. Nothing is ruled out at this point but we want to have everything delivered first before moving on this topic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BadKam wrote:
amanwing wrote:
BadKam wrote:

This still has to be reviewed. Nothing is ruled out at this point but we want to have everything delivered first before moving on this topic

Also, while we're all stalking you with questions, any word on the companion app? Is it still a thing and/or coming along nicely? Or is it considered to not be a priority at this time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
Vinceness wrote:
BadKam wrote:
amanwing wrote:
BadKam wrote:

Also, while we're all stalking you with questions, any word on the companion app? Is it still a thing and/or coming along nicely? Or is it considered to not be a priority at this time?

We have been busy with the campaign book and the expansions lately and with publishing new scenarios but the companion app needs only a few tweaks to be completed.
As creating apps is not really our job, we are a bit slow, sorry about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Walker
msg tools
mbmb
Roolz wrote:
I personnally never saw or read anywhere during the KS that all the non-exclusives would be available at retail.

In fact, Monolith stated during the KS that there was no guarantee as to what non-exclusive add-ons would hit as it would depend entirely on retail success. As such, nothing has changed here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.