Djelo Sacek
msg tools
Hi guys,

After 13 years of not playing, I dug out my MK and MKD figures (around 50 minis altogether), chest and dungeons. My Magic the Gathering playgroup got hooked on it immediately. After a couple of games we encountered some difficulties with understanding the rules. I found some explanations here, but couldn't find anything regarding the following:

What happens if all treasure chests have *TRAP* written on the bottom dial once the lid is opened? My friends and I played a game with three chests and all of them were traps. Since they contained no gold we stopped the game; there was no gold to be taken out of the dungeon, so we weren't sure how to determine who would have won.

Could somebody please provide some information on this? Is there another way to win in such specific cases?

ty in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
In all the years I've played this that situation never came up, although it's essentially the same ending as if everyone was killed before anyone managed to escape with treasure.

Technically it's probably a draw because the rules don't address it, but you can come up with whatever "tiebreaker" you want: most Mage Spawn killed, most experience points gained, most hit points remaining, or even have what's left of the opposing teams fight to the death.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Alson
msg tools
What are the odds? Maybe place more chests in the future to reduce the chance.

Barring that, it's probably officially a draw. If you really must decide on a winner, tally kill points. Still a tie? Add points of all heroes at their current level. And if that doesn't decide it, resort to Rochambeau.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't there an end condition on how many hero points your party have killed? Of how many hero points that got out?

I'd use the first one

P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.