Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Csaba Laszlo
Germany
Braunschweig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody,

I have a question about the bonus points.

The rulebook states:
"The player that completed their Airship first and ended this round receives 2 bonus points."

In our situation, the 3rd player had played one card, and with that the other two players had completed their airships. In this case who gets the 2 points? Both of them, the first player, or the closest player in play order to her/him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we have never had that situation come up. maybe split it and give both one point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin De Witt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Csaba,

Sorry for the slow response, but I just saw this question. Congrats to your two players for making this happen. This is something we never saw in all our playtesting, so I'll be adding this to the FAQ.

Since both players completed their airships at the same time to end the round, I would suggest each player gets the 2 bonus points.

What's fascinating to me is the odds of having this happen. Obviously it's possible, but the perfect storm needed to make this work is quite intriguing. If we assume the last card was a Lift Engine, (which is the most common card in the game, and has the most placement options) you still have to reach a point where not only do all 3 players need that engine, but 2 players need to have built their airships so that it is the LAST piece they need. (This is fairly rare given how common Lift Engines are played during the game) Then the 3rd player plays that engine part (a risky move given the state of the other 2 players ships.) And then all 3 players actually HAVE an engine in their hand at that moment. If the last card wasn't a Lift Engine then this gets even more difficult to chain together!

Anyway, forgive me, I'm rambling and geeking out a bit, but this whole situation just tickles my brain.

Happy Airship Building!
-Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.