Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Bond
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm teetering back and forth about what to add to my pledge before it closes, but I was wondering if there was a list somewhere that shows what expansions are needed for other expansions? For example I wanted to add the Inverted Mountain expansion, only to find out it needs around seven other expansions to work. Same with the Red Witches, as I was going to add that but it requires the Gryphon expansion (only for the spit resource it sounds like by the description). I don't want to pick up things just to find out that they will be unusable afterwards due to me missing some prerequisite content. It's already expensive enough as it is

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimsonsun God
United Kingdom
Canterbury
flag msg tools
http://www.fenfen.us/ks1.5posterh.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bond
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crimsonsun wrote:

Thank you! That helps tremendously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexa Elvrayen

California
msg tools
Black Knight will likely be a nemesis in IM and Mountain Man will be the final boss. I can't think of a campaign variant yet where the main included monster isn't the final boss (Sunstalker/Dragon King/Abyssal Woods).

So it'll be Frogdog (White Lion), Oblivion Mosquito (Screaming Antelope), and either Gryphon/Nightmare Ram (Phoenix) for quarries.
If I had to guess, they'll work Black Knight as a nemesis (Butcher) for this campaign - the whole "He escapes and gets stronger" mechanic they describe is perfectly fitting for a nemesis. Pariah is confirmed to appear same year as the King's Man, so that settles that. Which means the only option left is for the Red Witches to replace King's Hand.
Which leaves the Mountain Man at the very top, which makes perfect sense.

As for expansions that need other expansions, without scrolling that colossal list:

Silver City requires Lion God.
Abyssal Woods requires Spidicules and Flower Knight, with Honeycomb Weaver and Dung Beetle Knight optional.
Campaigns of Death requires most if not all of the original 12 expansions.
Red Witches optionally interacts with Pariah and Before the Wall, for a mini campaign variant.
And I think that's it.

(Also, on a side note: If Pariah is a year 5 event nemesis, then it's mutually exclusive with Slenderman - which then begs the question of why the update asked if you dare to use both of them.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexa Elvrayen

California
msg tools
Thank you! I tried voicing that exact same concern about the Pariah when it was announced and was shouted down, good to know i'm not the only person worried.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimsonsun God
United Kingdom
Canterbury
flag msg tools
I'm not so sure it will be as difficult to slot in as it seems, I imagine as they are are higher level nemesis that they will replace the hand, though they could instead replace the Watcher as it is now I'd guess at the fourth Nemesis node.

Yeah if Pariah replaces the Kingsman then there's no putting him alongside slenderman, however if he is year 4 he replaces the butcher instead which seems to make slightly more logical sense to me anyway. The other option is that he comes in alongside the normal enemies much like the Lion Knight though I'd say that's the least likely option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.