Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be visiting Ireland and Scotland in May and June and I'd really like to get to hang out with the locals as I'm traveling through.

I figured this might be the place to ask about it. My plan is to arrive in Dublin on May 9th and head West and then make my way up and then head for Belfast. If you're around Dublin, the West Coast of Ireland, or around Belfast and are interested in having a complete stranger at your gaming table please let me know.

I also plan on doing a lot of hiking and trekking, so if you're in a small city or village and are looking for an extra person to play games with I might be exactly what you're looking for.

P.S.: I am also willing to accept free advice and guided tours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Belfast. There are 2 main groups I know of:

Boardgamersanonymous (BGA) are a eurogamers group that play most Saturdays daytime in Bangor (near Belfast).

Tabletop North (TTN) have a varied mix and play Monday nights in Belfast.

I play mostly miniatures wargames with a small group on (usually) alternate Tuesday nights. If that floats your boat, I'm sure you'd be welcome to attend.

There is a boardgame café called (iirc) "Jack Straws" in Belfast on the Newtownards Road, and a boardgame-friendly pub on the Ormeau Road called "Brewbot" (lots of boardgames behind the bar + craft beers galore).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jude Mapp
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can visit Dungeons and Donuts in Galway, and The Flat Earth Society in Sligo. You want have a problem finding someone in Dublin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
There are boardgame meetups in Dublin in Alfie Byrne's on Tuesdays evenings and on Sundays, and upstairs in Robert Reade's on Thursday evenings. There are also others I don't attend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin David
Ireland
Non US or Canadian State/Province
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep - in Dublin, Thomas House and the Black Sheep also have meetups on Tuesdays. And then the Square Ball is a board-game cafe/pub.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob brennan
Ireland
Dublin 6W
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are also running Chimera Con on Sat 13th May in central Dublin if you like heavier games/wargames:
https://sites.google.com/view/chimeracondublin/home

rgds
rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.