Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb

A Silver Tower Acolyte, with the SoH assembled and ready to be primed in the background.

I have grown to love the Kairic Acolyte, after assembling those from ST and SoH.

They are so elegant, and a complete joy to paint. They may not be as fancy as some of the other models, but they allow painters of intermediate skill to get a super satisfying result. Those ribbed muscles take to the brush like no other.

As an aside, I am really floored by the quality of GW minis. ST was my first stab at GW minis. After hearing so many negative things about them (never about their models, but just the negative aura around the company), I gotta say: they can make minis like no one else. And not just in terms of detail, but also how perfectly they assemble. After pulling my hair out on e.g. Infinity or Malifaux, both known for high quality models, GW are child's play in terms of assembly. Laser precision assembly.

Anyway, I now have a stupidly gigantic painting queue, to paint up both sets... robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Russell
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The models in Silver Tower and Hammerhal are exceptionally good. Thankfully i completed my own Silver Tower painting before the new version came out, so the task is not quite as onerous for me - although i was expecting a painting rest which is not happening now. I always find the end of a box set the worst to paint as my enthusiasm dies off by this stage.

I went with an unusual look for half my Silver Tower acolytes using a blue corruption theme to look less duplicated. Now i have 10 more in Hammerhal to do, which i will use the more fashionable skin tone format.

Currently though i am painting Butrid Blightkings which are excellent fun.

http://crusadersgolf.co.uk/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.