Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
mbmbmbmbmb
So, my first game of TIME Stories included Marcy.

I don't understand one thing.

We did three runs and had everything figured out for the final 4th run, but stopped because it was Monday morning 1 am in a regular working week ;-)

We had seen/found
Spoiler (click to reveal)
all places/cards (except 2 river cards)
all tree additional bonus places
all 4 girls
all weapons
all hints

So we just needed to
start in the bunker and get the antidote, pick up the girl in the forest, pick up maybe some more equipment and then follow the police/hotel OR school/river track.

What I do not get is
why so many people discuss who the correct girl is? If you found all cards/clues/places/... you know that two girls are failed experiments (cassette green+red) and one is too old (note - from the bunker/lab).
So it is very easy to KNOW who the correct girl is.

I am very surprised that many guess the girl by
- the description (drugged / not drugged),
- the code (something with a 3 and7 ?) or
- the fact that her code type/structure is different.
Yes, these are hints, but you can't logically deduce the solution from this.

Did we miss something that helps solving (and not hinting) the correct girl in another way (or by using the three mentioned hints above?

Just some other comments
We knew that it is not a good idea to go with the prisoner to the wood, but did it anyway.
We knew that it might be better not to press the button in the police station, but did it anyway.
Both felt like "yeah, we should have known" but also too simple.
We missed the frequencies on the computer. Nice one!

As I wrote in my rating for the general game (the very short version):
Not bad, but definitely not Top 100! It is a weird (type of ?) game. Fun, but not really satisfying. And/But because I love gaming, I will have to try another story ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
definitely the only hints meant to solve it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you missed the hint from one of the
character sheets
?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
mbmbmbmbmb
Character?

Thanks. Read about that one here in the topics. But if you do not use this card you do not have the clue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
horstderadler wrote:
Character?

Thanks. Read about that one here in the topics. But if you do not use this card you do not have the clue.

There are only four characters, so they are all used. But yeah, I guess some people could play with just three. You're still free to look at them all though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben de Kemp
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That part kinda got me too yesterday...I was thinking what would have happened if we only had three people and no one chose the bodyguard. The base cards even give you an instruction on what to do if you only have three players, so it had to have been a probable outcome.

I guess the intent is that you are really choosing who you want to play after you have read all the chracters' bios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
There are only four characters, so they are all used. But yeah, I guess some people could play with just three. You're still free to look at them all though.

That's how our game went down.

Three players, didn't use the bodyguard in any of the runs because we liked our characters. Bodyguard got chucked into the box and we forgot about it. Dunno if one of us playing the bodyguard would have changed anything, though, I was not expecting the character cards to have any hints.

In our last run we chose the right Marcy by deducing that the tapes pointed to failed experiments. There was some confusion regarding Marcy being an orphan, we misinterpreted Bob's line in one of the mission failed cards, and didn't remember the bodyguard's hint because we thought it was just flavour text.

We went a bit meta in the end. "Well we got 3 hints relating to 3 of the girls, it makes more sense that each hint excludes one girl so the 4th girl is Marcy."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We missed the character sheet clue as well, though I'm pretty sure we only had the wrong girl once and had it right after that. My figuring, after thinking about the clues after we failed once, was that Marcy was special and important because she was the successful test case, and thus all the failed test reports indicated girls that weren't Marcy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.